Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help with setting up prepaid plan on Nexus 4


My phone is an unlocked Nexus 4 I just got a Prepaid MicroSIM card and followed the instructions to set it and ported my phone number from SpeakOut to Koodo. I then followed the instructions on this page (http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-c.shtml) to configure my android phone with the network and retarted... However, it says under the status page of my phone that "Mobile Network Status: Disconnected" I cannot send or recieve any SMS.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
How long ago did you port out?
Chad Burr wrote:

How long ago did you port out?

Maybe 2 hours ago...
Userlevel 7
Oh and make sure under settings that "use gsm only" or "use 2g only" aren't selected. Koodo doesn't support this mode.
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh and make sure under settings that "use gsm only" or "use 2g only" aren't selected. Koodo doesn...

Yes, I made sure those are not selected
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh and make sure under settings that "use gsm only" or "use 2g only" aren't selected. Koodo doesn...

Are you able to make phone calls?
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh and make sure under settings that "use gsm only" or "use 2g only" aren't selected. Koodo doesn...

Nope, it says "we cannot complete your call, the call is not covered under your plan and you do not have an active booster" I'm on the 15 dollar texting plan. I don't think I'm going to invest anymore and buy any boosters unless I can get basic SMS working first.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Something must've gone wrong, even if you are porting your number and there is an error in the porting, the account is supposed to have an active status if you completed the whole process online... At this point if you say that the whole process was completed and you had a confirmation on the website that the account was activated, I would call Customer Service to check the status of the account and see what really happened... Have handy all the info you have from your previous provider, like Account number, Pin number, EMEI from old phone, this will be required to complete the whole port process...
Camilo_A wrote:

Something must've gone wrong, even if you are porting your number and there is an error in the po...

I think it was completed, because when I log into the prepaid webpage, it lists my phone number as the one I ported over. Also, the account status says "Service Status: Active / Actif" It has already charged me the 15 dollars, so I assume the service must be active in that case...
Userlevel 7
Camilo_A wrote:

Something must've gone wrong, even if you are porting your number and there is an error in the po...

There is never a charge for tech support so give koodo a buzz and see if something is wacky.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to check, your using the stock messaging app and not a 3rd party right? I've heard of some issues with the Nexus 4 and some 3rd part messaging apps
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just to check, your using the stock messaging app and not a 3rd party right? I've heard of some i...

Ya its the default app from google.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just to check, your using the stock messaging app and not a 3rd party right? I've heard of some i...

My guess is that port was not completed, you should give a call to Koodo to be sure it was.

Reply