Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HELP! WHY DON'T I HAVE SERVICE?!

My phone has not had service for the past 6 hours. I have turned my phone on and off multiple times and taken everything out and replaced it multiple times. Still nothing. What do I do?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ack Maya! Does it show "emergency calls only" or does it show the Koodo or Telus network? Have you tried manually selecting Koodo from the list of networks to register your phone? Does the SIM card work in another phone? Just a few ideas for troubleshooting... Please also tell us what phone you have which makes it easier to try and troubleshoot you 🙂
It shows emergency calls only! There's no service (there's an x above the signal part on the top) How do I manually select koodo? I don't have any other Koodo phones in my home. I have an LG Optimus 1, and I've had it for almost 2 years.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I found a tutorial how to set your network: If you want to select a network manually, do the following: From the Home screen, press the Menu key. Tap Settings. Select Wireless & Networks. Select Mobile Networks. Select Network Operators. Select Search Networks. Select a network from the list of available networks. Select Save. Your smartphone uses the new network. (Source: https://mobility.telus.com/en/QC/LG-Optimus-One/how-to-003013.shtml) Can you select Koodo from there Maya?
No, but I figured it out. Thank you for your help!