Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HELP! Unable to retrieve voicemail, calls or call out

For the passed 24 hours i have been unable to access my voicemail, any incoming calls and am also unable to outgoing calls. When I dial my voicemail it says the call is connected, but I cannot hear anything. On the rare occasion i may hear, what sounds like, garbled voices. My phone rings when i am receiving a phone call, but when i answer I cannot hear anything on the other end, even though it says the call is connected. When dialing outgoing calls, again, it says that it is connected, but I cannot hear ringing nor anyone on the other end. My husband has the same phone and is also with Koodo and is having the same problem. Any insight or suggestions? I have re-started my phone to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

What phone?

it is a Nexus S
Userlevel 4
It is probably a Nexus S. There are issues with most, if not all Nexus S phones that are unable to use voice functions for calls and voicemail. It is beiong looked into but no estimated time it will be fixed.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It is probably a Nexus S. There are issues with most, if not all Nexus S phones that are unable t...

Yeah, it is a Nexus S. Do you know if this problem is recurring?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It is probably a Nexus S. There are issues with most, if not all Nexus S phones that are unable t...

Since this is the first time it's happened it's definitely not recurring. It is a known issue right now though.
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Not necessarily. I had 1 customer not be able to receive voicemails and the phone wasn't Nexus S.
Thank you Gentlemen! It is unfortunate that there isn't an ETA on when it will be up and running, but I understand that these things take time.
Userlevel 3
Sharlene Allison wrote:

Thank you Gentlemen! It is unfortunate that there isn't an ETA on when it will be up and running...

Thanks for seeing it from our prespective. You're co-operation is muchly appreciated and sorry about the inconvinience
Sharlene Allison wrote:

Thank you Gentlemen! It is unfortunate that there isn't an ETA on when it will be up and running...

No Problem at all! The fact that I know it is being looked into is reassuring enough. You can only do what you can at this point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharlene Allison wrote:

Just got word that the issue should be resolved now. Pull the battery and sim card for 30 seconds, then restart the phone and test if it is working.
Sharlene Allison wrote:

Brilliant!! You're a Gem! Thanks for the update, I appreciate it dearly!!
Thank you all for you help! I am up an running again 🙂
Having the same problem with my unlocked Nexus S but removing battery and SIM does not work. I wouldn't have any problem if I could get my voice messages from another phone bu I can't as I did not activate the voicemail yet and it REQUIRES me to do it with my cell phone (Nexus S) which doesn't work. This sucks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since the outage was cleared over a month ago it's not the same problem, even though the symptoms may be similar. Make sure flight mode is off and the phone is not set to gsm only/use only 2G networks Tap on network operators and manually search for networks. What does it show?
I made sure "use only 2G networks" is not checked. Flight mode is OFF Network operators shows: - Koodo - CAN Rogers Wireless Inc. - 302610 Selected Koodo and tried again. I tried calling my number 1+regional+phone# AND holding 1 to call voice mail. Both have the same result, call seems connected but absolutely no sound whatsoever Also tried removing battery ans SIM for a couple minutes. Other calls work fine, just not the voicemail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call tech support from another line, go through the troubleshooting and they can submit a ticket to their network team if they can't get it working.
Will do, probably tomorrow though. Thanks!
I have an s4 that is having a similar problem, I was able to make and answer calls without issue before today, when I answer I hear nothing or static. why is this happening after only a day of having it. and how do I fix this without loosing all of my phones contacts and pictures.