Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help! S7 Edge - Black screen, blue light

My S7 edge is frozen, has a black screen and the small blue light remains on solid.  I have tried reboot by pressing holding volume button + power button and tried resetting by pressing buttons, but nothing works.  Not even a samsung online agent could help find a solution.  Please help.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons (10+ seconds)

Dennis wrote:

see my description, i already commented this does nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I think his emphasis was on the 10+ seconds part as your phone should turn off if you hold it long enough. Some sources recommend up to 45 seconds. Just hold it until the phone turns off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Honestly I have no idea how I missed that middle Sentence. It's like my brain had a hiccup
Dennis wrote:

I had the same thing happen with the blacked out screen and blue light. I tried your tip and it worked. Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Do you see any crack below the glass?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it still under the 1 year warranty? If it is, then go to a Koodo store so they can send it for repair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try to let it run out of power completely and plug it in for 15 mins and try to power it up again 
Dennis wrote:

Try to let it run out of power completely and plug it in for 15 mins and try to power it up again...

Sorry forgot to update, this is exactly the solution that happened, whatever the hang up was ended up draining the battery, the only way i could tell was because the blue light went out. So i plugged it in and the battery charging logog came up... after 15min i started up my phone no problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Try to let it run out of power completely and plug it in for 15 mins and try to power it up again...

YAY Dennis!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

That's me.  Find the solution after someone doesnt need it anymore 😛
Thank you everyone for your help... it's fixed now
Henning White wrote:

Thank you everyone for your help... it's fixed now

how?