Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help! Intermittently, my new alcatel idol 3, screen flashes on and off many times, when i answer the phone

my alcatel idol 3, screen sometimes flashes on and off when i answer the phone; it is intermittent but the prevents screen use although the call can continue. On occasion, it seems to be a proximity sensor issue, but it can happen with the phone stationary and touching nothing. Help, if I cannot find a fix I will have to use Koodo's return exchange. Tried turning off wifi, bluetooth etc. no difference. Thought it has to be a setting but cannot figure out anything that would do it, let alone one that gets turned of and on.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Jill!

I suggest you try these steps before going back to a Koodo Shop for a return/exchange or repair:

- I would first suggest to do a simple power cycle by powering off, removing battery and sim and then putting them back in and powering your device back on.
- If that doesn't work, modify the the brightness on your screen: Settings > Display > Brightness. Deselect the option "Automatic/Adaptive brightness" if it was selected.

Hope this helps 🙂
Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back so soon. I have done this and the incidence has plummeted. It has occured once in the last day with maybe ten calls. Have not done the removing battery and SIM. Just would like to understand the overall impact of this. Which memory are we wiping out might be a better question.
Userlevel 7
jill tierney wrote:

Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back so soon. I have done this and the incidence has plummeted....

Removing your battery and sim doesn't do anything to your data and what's on the phone. What are you wiping? Daniel didn't suggest that anywhere. However if the problem perists, your first set is to do a factory reset before brining it in.
jill tierney wrote:

Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back so soon. I have done this and the incidence has plummeted....

Daniels exact words in the tread on my laptop are " I would first suggest to do a simple power cycle by powering off, removing battery and sim and then putting them back in and powering your device back on.
- If that doesn't work, modify the the brightness on your screen: Settings > Display > Brightness. Deselect the option "Automatic/Adaptive brightness" if it was selected."

I have checked the specs and idol 3 does not have a removable battery.
Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back so soon. I have done this and the incidence has plummeted. It has occured once in the last day with maybe ten calls. Have not done the removing battery and SIM. Just would like to understand the overall impact of this. Which memory are we wiping out might be a better question.