Koodo Community

Community

Solved

help I cant send text messages on my huawei ascend y330

I for some reason cannot send text messages on my huawei ascend y330, I can type out a text message no problem but when I go to hit the send button the send button is grayed out, and also when I go to turn it on my phone says it has no SIM card in it even though it has a SIM card in it

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Make sure you're not typing your message where the recipients phone number is supposed to go. Are you able to make calls?
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure you're not typing your message where the recipients phone number is supposed to go. ...

Yes i can make a call, but in message menu doesn't work, i cant send or receive message form my contact
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure you're not typing your message where the recipients phone number is supposed to go. ...

I can receive messages, I have 6 non sent massages with a triangle in red with an explanation mark 
Yes I am able to make calls
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pull the battery (if feasible) and SIM card out, gently clean SIM contacts with a pencil eraser, wait 15 minutes, re-assemble and re-start phone. Sounds like an issue with the SIM. Was this phone/SIM provided by Koodo as an original purchase or did you bring your own phone and just buy a SIM from Koodo? Still under warranty: *611 or visit a boutique to swap out the SIM.
Yes I bought the phone and the SIM from koodo as a prepaid phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Every single prepaid plan includes unlimited text messages, so it's not as if you've bumped your head on a limit ceiling. Did you try my SIM/phone reset suggestions above? Can you actually send YOURSELF a text successfully?