Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help ! ASAP!

My samsung galaxy s2 was stolen. Can I find it with the ip addy? IMEI number? Or gps ? It's per ayes and I havent suspended my service yet. And how do I check messages with another phone?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
If you enabled Android device manager, or installed an app to track it then yes however, if someone stole it they could be using it to rack up all kinds of charges that you are responsible for. Honestly you'd be better off to suspend it and cut your losses. Edit : I just noticed you're on prepaid sorry. So your losses would just be the balance on your account. But still I wouldn't want to loose my balance. If you didn't install a security app on this phone, make sure you do on the next one.
Userlevel 2
Since you have an Android phone, go here: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager If you have tracking enabled, it will show the last known location of your phone. If you do not, then you are probably out of luck and should look into buying another phone.
Userlevel 3
Thanks for posting an interesting topic Curtis. I hope you find your phone. 🙂 quasarito: I just tried the link you provided, and it located my phone perfectly. Thanks for the tip!
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

Thanks for posting an interesting topic Curtis. I hope you find your phone. 🙂 quasarito: I ju...

Hey Bill. Have you tried finding your phone with the Motorola ID device yet?
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

Thanks for posting an interesting topic Curtis. I hope you find your phone. 🙂 quasarito: I ju...

Hey M.G. No I haven't. How do I do that?
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

Found the website, but not working. Will try again later. Thank for the info!!! Cheers,
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

I've not tried yet. Just wondering if you did and if was easier/ harder than the Android method.
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

Android was simple and VERY exact. Very impressed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To answer the second part of your question, you can check vm from another line by calling your cellphone number and pressing '*‘ when the vm message starts. From there it's just like checking from your cell phone.