Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help appreciated for a genuine demand

I am a 3 month old customer, a new immigrant from asia. i need a new phone with my connection from koodo. But the company had put me on 9 month spending limit. Customer care told me that i have to wait for 9 months to generate a credit history. Please someone suggest me a way around as i am paying my bill on time and i am in dire need of new phone as the phone i brought from my country is not working properly here.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry Rajwinder, there is simply no way around it. Keep on paying your bills on time and the 9 months will pass before you know it 😃 I immigrated from Europe and so did my husband, we had to establish credit here too. In the meantime, you could consider buying a really cheap phone such as the Galaxy Discover ($100) to tie you over 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can find pre-owned phones at Koodo (varies by location). Or even online (kijiji, craigslist), just make sure they work with Koodo
Userlevel 6
The only way around is to that you pay upfront for the phone. You could also look at their certified pre-owned phones. They are good deals. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/bargain-bin/index.html
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind that even after 9 months have passed and the credit check goes through, the payment management department will also require a 2 month trial period to FURTHER ensure you're going to pay your bill properly in order to use the negative Tab (as if the initial 9 wasn't enough). Bunch of paranoid guys you are. Reminds me of Telus. This is not normally disclosed to customers but should be because I called them today about my spending limit and I'm at 8/9 months and they didn't budge a bit... so I'm unhappy again about this AND this information was not disclosed to me upon getting my SIM-only act AND it isn't in my CSA so guess who's posting an idea?
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Keep in mind that even after 9 months have passed and the credit check goes through, the payment ...

Jonathan, there is no "additional" 2 month trial. If the account has 9 months of good payment history, the system AUTOMATICALLY takes the account off SCP. There is no longer any need to call to have it changed over.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Keep in mind that even after 9 months have passed and the credit check goes through, the payment ...

Thanks Jonathan for bringing that to the table. You are %100 right. 2 more months of trial period to further ensure you fully qualify. %99 of the cases aren't taken back to the spending limit program. Example, a customer with a SLP account is upgraded, but within next two months gets suspended. SLP will be applied on the account. This is like the worst case scenario that could happen to a customer. Credit History is so important. So any client that has successfully overcome an spending limit account need to keep that excellent credit payment otherwise you might be taken back to a SLP and tab would be reversed. This info is mailed to customers when SLP is taken off. So let me give you a huge star Jonathan.
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Myke is correct, you are no longer on the SCP after the nine month period. At that point, you have already proven yourself as a responsible customer by paying all your bills on time within that timeframe. If your account happens to get suspended after the fact, you simply pay the amount owing plus a reconnect fee.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Wow... Jonathan, you drive a brand new Dart and yet, somehow, Telus/Koodo thought you needed to be put on a cap? That defies all logic... If your credit was good enough for Dodge, it ought to be good enough for a [i]cellphone tab....
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm pretty sure they all use the same credit companies. Like Equifax. The scoring system is fairly standard, although car loans often have a co-signer who would be responsible for paying in the event Jonathan decides to bail. 🙂 Or he just payed cash for his Dart. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

"a co-signer"...... Thanks Chris for taking me back ALL these years, when I was still young and full of ambition and short on cash, lol! I can still see my mom co-signing for me and wondering what the heck she was doing, hehe
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Xavier, there is no trial period. I wish you would stop promoting that.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Dear Myke, with all the respect you deserve. I highly recommend you and I will highly appreciate if you get close to any trainer to get that sorted out. There is no such a trial period. Still, the system will assign A SLP back if any churn risk within the first two months. You´ll see. I was like you at the beginning. I could not get it at the beginning. I have had calls in regards that.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

No, it will not. There is no such information in the help file system. Not once have I ever seen anyone go back on the SLP. I have seen accounts that have been past due on the next bill and not be put back on SLP. Since no such information exists, stop spreading it publicly. Misinformation can be very damaging to a company, especially when there is no information to back up your claim.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Learning is an opportunity. It´s okay then. I will stop the trend at this point. Hope you have an amazing day Myke! Cheers!
Bundle of thanks for your suggestions Dear Friends, Best Regards