Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hello Koodoo,

[b]Hello Koodoo, I'm complaining in full.
[b]I am a disgruntled customer, I experienced an issue with my phone.
I was talking in an emergency situation with my sister while in Ottawa ontario, while attempting to text her, midway the phone glitched and the pages blurred and replicated, then a black pixel gap appeared and spread and the phone refused to produce a clear image. I was bewildered, turned the device on and off repeatedly to no affect, the product turned on but the display was extremely distored to less than 10% display. I was confused as it was a recent purchase and paying outright for the PAY AS YOU GO phone, and topping up the account was a big purchase for me. I am on disability and saved for a while to afford this. When brought to a KOODOO store, my phone was said to have been "dropped." . While in prestine condition, and carried in a neckpouch, no scratches, or anything. So you basically gave me a product and it malfunctioned and I was told to purchase a new phone. Great customer service. I don't expect anything from a business I'm just offended.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It doesn't necessarily have to be dropped for that to happen but it does have to be physically damaged such as having it in you pocket and leaning on or bumping into the corner of a table or something along those lines as what you described is a crack in the display and the liquid from the liquid crystal display (LCD) seeping out of said crack, that's why it started at a point and began to spread across the display. Unfortunately it's physical damage and not Covered by any manufacturer which is who your issue is really with as they made the phone not Koodo,
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

It doesn't necessarily have to be dropped for that to happen but it does have to be physically da...

No it does not "HAVE TO"be physically damaged for that to happen
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn't necessarily have to be dropped for that to happen but it does have to be physically da...

We'll agree to disagree
Userlevel 7

Except I actually go to school for this. Lol
Userlevel 5

I think the important thing to remember, is that the phone should been sent out, for the final decision.
Userlevel 5
If the phone is still under warranty, you need to send it out, for second opinion. Especially, after you have described your phone, as not even having scratches on it.
Also, I have a Motto G and on two occasions, it has done exactly what you have described. Once after the lolly pop up grade and second, just after unplugged from the charging unit, in my truck.
First time I turned it off for the day. Then it was OK. Second time I turned off for the day, but still did it. So I did the factory reset and its been OK since. Hope this helps you.
Userlevel 7
I agree with Steve. I would not accept what the rep told me. In fact, its not the rep to say whether or not it will be covered. It's sent out and if its deemed to be not covered, the manufacturer will give Koodo a quote as to how much it will cost to fix in which turn Koodo tells the customer. But the point is they should be sending it out.