Koodo Community

Community

Hello....Koodo???...I want to buy a phone online......

It's 2015.....I can buy ants, toilet paper, sheep manure, pizza and used mopeds online.....why can't I buy a phone? You are a technology company, no? Come on..... 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
They're working on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fair criticism Carter! We switched out our back-end platform and it's taking us longer to connect things. We need to protect people's privacy, protect us against fraud and a million other things. We are aiming for a November re-launch. Thanks for your patience!
Bernard wrote:

Fair criticism Carter! We switched out our back-end platform and it's taking us longer to connect...

I want to buy an iPhone online because I live in a town where there isn't a Koodo store and the next closest store is four hours away. What should I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Fair criticism Carter! We switched out our back-end platform and it's taking us longer to connect...

Have you tried ordering through the website? It doesn't say in store only.
Userlevel 7
Bernard wrote:

Most iPhones arn't available online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

If you can't buy the phone through the koodo webstore, your best bet would be to buy one unlocked directly from apple.
Ok...it's November! Are we any closer to being able to buy online? Could you give us an update on time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carter wrote:

Ok...it's November! Are we any closer to being able to buy online? Could you give us an update on...

We just launched yesterday. 🙂 Without much fanfare yet as we want to make sure everything works as designed. So, phone selection is limited to a few at this point but we will be adding them over the next couple of weeks. Then we may even have a "launch party",  an online special or something. We are working through the details.
Carter wrote:

Ok...it's November! Are we any closer to being able to buy online? Could you give us an update on...

Right on! Thank you, sir!! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Carter wrote:

Question: Can Non-Kood ppl who are still Telus Clients buy Phones from this site without need to Be Kood Client necessarily?
Userlevel 7
Carter wrote:

No, not from the site. You may have more luck at a kiosk but no guarantee they will sell to non koodo customers