Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hello from Canada

Hello from Canada; My Samsung SGH-1747M.16GB is not holding it's charge. Even plugged in & at 100% charged the phone won't boot up. Took it to the koodo store yesterday. They did a few routine tests tests with no resolve and the rep recommended I go to this site & ask for advice... any suggestion would be great appreciated. Many thanks from a Canuck in Canada.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
The S3 is an older device. It may be that the battery has failed, or a hardware failure. I would try another battery first, if you can get one cheap. With the age of that device though, you can get a newer model (even an S5) for extremely cheap now.
Thanks for replying so quickly! Is the S3 the same phone as the SGH-1747M? I bought it (new) about two years ago so I was hoping it wouldn't be obsolete already. Oddly, about 10 minutes ago it started working again(?!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gramma D wrote:

Thanks for replying so quickly! Is the S3 the same phone as the SGH-1747M? I bought it (new) abou...

Yes, SGH-1747M is the model number of a type of Samsung Galaxy S3. Although you may have bought it two years ago it is still an older phone and the batteries on them were never a strong point. (I say that with experience).
If it is working than that it is great! I would still suggest looking into a new battery though if it appears to not be holding a charge.
Userlevel 6
Gramma D wrote:

Thanks for replying so quickly! Is the S3 the same phone as the SGH-1747M? I bought it (new) abou...

It is indeed! It's the model number for the Canadian version of the S3 (specifically the Bell version), released in 2012. I'm glad you got it working again. 🙂