Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Headphone jack problem

Hello! I have a Nexus 4 that I got with my Koodo subscription when I joined in January 2014. I'm having some headphone jack problems. I can only hear out of the right ear bud unless I push the jack in a certain direction (I've tried other earphones , that's how I know it's the phone). I saw it's a common problem online but even after clearing the lint out I'm still experiencing this problem. Does my Koodo warranty cover these things in case I take it to a Koodo shop for repair? Thanks! Jad

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It doesn't seems to cover by warranty repair 😞 From Koodo's website: Note: If your phone has the following damage it will not be covered under warranty: Liquid or heat damage, dents, or cracks on the handset body or screen, cracked or bleeding LCD display, damaged keyboard or keys, damaged headset or charging posts, multiple scratches or heavy scratching on the display or touch areas; http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
Oh well, bummer 😞 Thanks Mayumi! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Oh well, bummer 😞 Thanks Mayumi! :)

you're welcome 🙂 You might want to check a local repair shop to fix it 😉
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Oh well, bummer 😞 Thanks Mayumi! :)

Yes I might do that as I kinda like the 4 and jellybean and I've almost paid off the tab. I didn't even upgrade to KitKat or Lollipop. If not I'll get a Nexus 5 in the summer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always try calling the manufacturer of the phone and explain the situation to the, Maybe they'll understand ad give you a free repair!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

You can always try calling the manufacturer of the phone and explain the situation to the, Maybe ...

I'd second this. I wouldn't accept the response that something like this isn't covered by warranty. Do remember that Koodo only ships the device to the authorized repair centre and that it is the manufacturer that is responsible for the repair costs. If this is a common problem, you're more likely to have it covered, despite the rather generic disclaimer on Koodo's website.