Koodo Community

Community

Solved

hate lollipop

How do I get rid of this lollipop off my phone

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It depends on your phone and it either cant be done or is quite involved. here are the steps for a nexus device http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-downgrade-a-nexus
I just got this update today and it's terrible. The notification process makes no sense, and I now have to do an extra swipe EVERY TIME I unlock my phone. I really wish it were easier to downgrade.
Userlevel 7
jam99 wrote:

I just got this update today and it's terrible. The notification process makes no sense, and ...

Where is your extra swipe? Perhaps you need to edit your lockscreen properties?
Userlevel 5
jam99 wrote:

I just got this update today and it's terrible. The notification process makes no sense, and ...

Notifications go straight to screen now, tap twice and it opens up. No need to push power button and pull screen down. To unlock tap the lock once, then swipe up. Very nice and effortlessly smooth. Keyboard is awesome and since update my phone has yet, to light up in my pocket and start making unauthorized calls...
jam99 wrote:

Here's the thousands of other people complaining about the same issues. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79889 The problem is I need to have my phone locked for security purposes. I prefer to use the "pattern" lock. Before, I would activate my screen (then quietly be able to check the top bar for notifications), enter my pattern, and voila. Now, I have to activate my screen, (see a mess of notifications, many from work which I'd like to ignore on the weekend), then slide the screen up just to get to the pattern-unlock screen, enter my pattern, and then go find what it is I am interested in. It's probably a great design if you don't care about locking your phone, but it's a horrible design for those of us who do.
Userlevel 1
jam99 wrote:

I understand now how negatively the update has affected you and those in your position
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jam99 wrote:

Cant you turn the lock screen notification off? On iphone you can. Maybe switch to an iphone 😛
Userlevel 7
jam99 wrote:

I can't imagine an Android where you can't change the lockscreen options or the lockscreen itself. I use AcDisplay and the stock kit cat screen. Check under your security options as There must be ways to shut this off.
Userlevel 1
I have a Moto G with Lollipop. Under 'Sound & Notification' setting I can change it to 'don't show notifications at all' when screen is locked. Is that what you're looking for?
Thanks for the reply Shannon, but no that doesn't help. I orginally had it set up that way, but then I had to actually unlock the phone just to see if I had any texts or emails waiting. Beyond that, it still required me to slide the lock screen open before entering my pattern.