Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Has anyone else had issues getting their Samsung Galaxy S3 to turn on after the last download?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you mean after the last update to the Android software or the last download of an app?
Last update to android software. My phone just starting rebooting over and over on it's own. Once it completely shutdown, it wouldn't come back on until I plugged it into my charger. Now, it just won't turn on at all ... I have no clue what to do?
I just received an update also of approximately 35mb. It went through fine and restarted twice. My device is up and running now. The only thing is I can't seem to find what this update was all about. Any ideas on where to check?
No clue ... but at least your phone will turn on ... I'm incredibly frustrated because I just can't seem to get anything to work. When I plug it in, it shows the battery charging icon but just will not turn on ... help!
Badge +4
@Fernand, the update was likely to correct a problem where the S3 would display a message 'Call ended 0:00' immediately after a phone number had been dialed. @Julie, try pressing and holding the power button in for 5 seconds. This should turn the phone completely off. Turn the S3 back on to see what effect, if any, this has. If the update was done and you were running low on battery, it's possible the battery didn't have the power to perform the two restarts as Fernand indicated and could now be in boot-loop mode, or that somehow the update may have gotten interrupted and didn't install correctly. Since you're not able to get into the S3 at this point, the next option would be to perform a factory or hard reset using the Android System Recovery menu. This method is generally a last resort as it erases all the data from your S3. The end result out of all of this is that you should have a fully functional phone when complete. Hard resetting a Samsung S3 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5iHK2v7czc 1. Power off the device 2. Press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together (see video) 3. Use the the Down Volume button to scroll to 'wipe data/factory reset' 4. Select 'wipe data/factory reset' using the Power button 5. Scroll down to 'yes - delete all user data' using the down Volume button 6. Use the Power button to select 'yes - delete all user data' After the utility has gone through the wipe process, it reverts back to the Android System Recovery menu. It's a good idea to wipe the Cache Partition as this will wipe any fragments left behind by the update. Using the down Volume button, scroll down to 'wipe cache partition' (located just below 'wipe data/factory reset'), use the Power button to confirm the selection. When finished, the phone should go back to the Android System Recovery menu and 'reboot system now' should be highlighted. Press the Power button to reboot. Boot time may take a little longer than normal. You should be able to restore contact info and apps by signing into your gmail account. Hope this helps.