Koodo Community

Community

Question

Hanging texts refuse to send

Can anyone tell me why, after receiving an MMS message, my phone starts hanging when I try to reply? It has taken me forever to realize that it's images (emojis or pictures) that are the cause. However, after testing it out, the other person will receive the messages - very slowly (sometimes a couple minutesish) but they get them while my phone still says it's trying to send. It can be up to 10 + minutes before my phone finally shows my replies as sent. I have an LG G3 and this is driving me crazy.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using the default messaging app? You can try another one to see if it does anything differently. It could be worth it to do a factory reset as well after backing everything up.
I'm using the default, do you have any recommendations for a different app, there are so many to choose from with a number of mixed reviews. Resetting is not an option I want to use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
slk wrote:

I'm using the default, do you have any recommendations for a different app, there are so many to ...

Textra is a very popular and excellent one.

You could also force stop the default messaging app. Delete the cache if you're ok with wiping messages clean. You can try resetting your APN if that'll do anything. Restarting your phone if you haven't since it started, pulling out your sim card and put it back in.

Beyond those steps factory reset is the next, unless I mised something.
slk wrote:

I'm using the default, do you have any recommendations for a different app, there are so many to ...

Thank you for the help, I'll try all that (restarting doesn't work) before I resort to reset - I only text one person and know they get the texts so we can suffer through if needed but would like to fix the issue short of reset if possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My LG G6 was doing the same thing yesterday so perhaps it's on Koodo's side I'm not sure but was having the exact same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try installing and temporarily activating a different keyboard app, such as Hacker's keyboard. I recently had a tablet that was going nuts every time I tried to make use of input data.

Much less drastic than resetting everything from Ø.