Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HALP! HTC ONE V not turning on TT.TT

I have had my phone for about a year now and have only experienced minor problems (super-lag, no notification when getting a text, random crashes), None of which have been a serious issue till now. Earlier today my phone had a spaz attack in which it froze, blinked a couple times then shut off, I plugged it in hoping to give it a bit of juice (though the battery was still at 75%) but all it did was flash the buttons at the bottom a couple times with no other results. Does anyone have any tricks or ideas to get it working again? I don't currently have the option of bringing it in to any store or kiosk for help.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
With the phone completely off, try booting into HBOOT by pressing the VOL DOWN button and holding it down while also pressing the power button to power up. If the phone boots into HBOOT, it means it hasn't bricked. In such a case, simply hold the power button until the phone resets and let it boot normally. Try this, and report back 🙂
Phone's back on! Ended up just holding the power button until the buttons at the bottom stopped flashing and it turned back on 🙂 I will definitely remember that if it happens again, thank you!
Userlevel 6
Isabel Klapwyk wrote:

Phone's back on! Ended up just holding the power button until the buttons at the bottom stopped f...

Glad to help! Click on "Good Answer" if you have 2 seconds 🙂