Koodo Community

Community

Had to change plan when I upgraded my phone on a tab small.?Just wondering why.

I upgraded to the essential phone on black Friday, but it wanted to change plans and it would not allow me to keep my current (former plan), even though it was a small tab

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you upgrade your phone? You are allowed to keep your plan, but you would probably only qualify for the small tab again.
Online on November 25. Not sure if it was a glitch or something a long those lines, seeing as how your site was broken for the 23 and 24 of November.
And I upgraded to the essential phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan did you previously have and which one did you switch to?
55$ unlimited talk and 3gbs data now I have 500 1 GB of data with 2gb bonus for 2 years.
It's also 55$ my new plan.
Userlevel 6
Did you have a plan lower than $30?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you had a $55 plan, then you were  qualify for Tab M too.
It doesn't matter how old was/is your plan. 
You need $45 or over plan to use Tab M, and you can use Tab S with any grandfathered plan.
No. My plan is a couple of years old, I mean was.
But the plan I have now was in the medium section. And I paid more upfront so I could pay less in the long run.
I am going to say this once more, it seems to have happened to more then just me and i am sure it has to do with the outage you had on black Friday.
To be quite honest I am not surprised, that koodo's customer service is shit, after they started charging for calling in to speak to someone and the chatbot is a joke.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

To be quite honest I am not surprised, that koodo's customer service is shit, after they started ...

No, they don't charge you for calling in for things you cannot do it yourself.

So you paid $120 upfront and had $240 on Tab Small as of now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this point you'll have to contact Koodo. You can send them a message via Facebook or any of the options in the contact us section.