Koodo Community
Question

Hacked phone number

Someone is redeeming my PC optimum points in Quebec. (I live in BC) using my phone number. I just joined Koodo and had them transfer my number from Bell mobility. Coincidence? How is someone using my phone number to have my points card?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
I got a PC point card myself. To redeem you need the bar code card. How did someone redeem your PC points with your phone number? you don't need your phone number unless you visit a membership table.

By the way, how did you know about it? and how did you know that they had your number? so anyone knows your number can redeem it?
We just happened to notice on a sales receipt that we were missing 150,000 points. Checked my Optimum account, recent transactions. It gave locations of stores and said " (my name)'s phone" beside the transaction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharen Clozza Malone wrote:

We just happened to notice on a sales receipt that we were missing 150,000 points. Checked my Optimum account, recent transactions. It gave locations of stores and said " (my name)'s phone" beside the transaction.

If the PC card was loaded into the PC app in the phone, that would show up. All of my transaction were listed with "name phone" in the PC app.

I would suggest you check with PC and see what can they do. They might flag it as a fraud and refund your point.
Yes, Optimum's fraud squad is already looking into it. It will take forever to get my points back but, I will. I still don't understand the phone thing as I haven't lost a phone - ever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharen Clozza Malone wrote:

Yes, Optimum's fraud squad is already looking into it. It will take forever to get my points back but, I will. I still don't understand the phone thing as I haven't lost a phone - ever.

PC Optimum has had security issues in the past
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pc-optimum-theft-points-loblaws-rewards-program-1.4611785

This is likely a Loblaw issue instead of a Koodo issue