Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Got new phone smashed the screen had phone for 2 days is it covered by warranty

19 replies

Userlevel 5
Not by manufacturers warantee. Did you purchase the extended warantee?
Userlevel 5
Physical damage is never covered by manufacturer warranties, but it Is covered by some optional ones that you can pay extra for as 5s was talking about. Unfortunately if you don't have the extra coverage your kinda out of luck for your phone.
Userlevel 5
And if your kinda out of luck, you can take the phone into Koodo Kiosk and have it sent out for a repair estimate. And/Or look in yellow pages, for cell phone/computer repairs establishments and have them give you an estimate.
This happened to me within first three months. Breakage is not covered. I had a local guy replace mine for $75. Every store I called said at least $150. I was never offered an extended warranty.
Userlevel 6
Angela Howlett wrote:

This happened to me within first three months. Breakage is not covered. I had a local guy replace...

Koodo isn't really supposed to go over add-ons with you.
All the info about warranties is in the paperwork that you initial and sign at the time of connection.
Sorry this happened to you guys =[
rotten luck
Userlevel 7
Angela Howlett wrote:

This happened to me within first three months. Breakage is not covered. I had a local guy replace...

I completely disagree. All wireless sales reps who work at a place that offers any warranty beyond the manufacturer has to at least offer it. If the customer is not interested than its their fault, but it's not fair to expect them to NOT go over it. They earn commission on that so it's really disadvantageous of them not to.
Angela Howlett wrote:

I had the same experience with Rogers. Then when my phone started acting up just prior to the one year mark, they kept telling me the SIII never had issues and jerked me around until my 1 yr warranty expired.  The sales rep who sold me this plan with Koodo never offered this to me.

Userlevel 6
Angela Howlett wrote:

There is an endless amount of information that the customer should know, it is impossible to sit down and chat about it all before they leave.
The reps primary responsibility is to sell them the service and [b]give them access to the information they may need.
Reps already have to spend time doing the activation, explaining self serve and billing, explaining proration on first bill, pitching cases and screen protectors.[b]

Customers are normally savvy enough to ask about a warranty if it's something that concerns them. The only people who ever complain about not being informed are ones who drop it a few days later, the other 99% are not interested in a warranty.

Koodo staff told us not to worry too much about the warranty. It's available for the once in a blue moon customer who wants it, just like unlimited calling to hong kong, but i'm not going to let every customer know about unlimited calling to hongkong either.

Oh and the commission is $2 at my location.

Userlevel 5
Angela Howlett wrote:

I'm with Jonathan, the sales reps job is to provide customers all the options, and help them makes an informed decision.
Userlevel 6
Angela Howlett wrote:

All the options are right on the paperwork that they sign.
Userlevel 5
Angela Howlett wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the agreement doesn't show anything about available extended warranty options. It does tell you about the manufacturers warranty, but not extended warranty. It takes 30 second to let a customer know about it, there is no reason you shouldn't at least mention it.
Angela Howlett wrote:

I'm with you Mark.  All it takes for GOOD customer service is at least mention it and tell them where to get more information about it and what the deadline is for signing up for it.  If it's at the time of activation, then yes, it IS their responsibility to advise the customer, otherwise they have lost out on having this option.
Angela Howlett wrote:

They are in such a rush to have you sign everything that they just put x's where they want you to sign.  They don't want you there for an hour or more reading all the fine print.  I've worked in Customer Service my entire life and would always give a customer their options up front.
Userlevel 5
Angela Howlett wrote:

How long ago did this happen Angela ?
Angela Howlett wrote:

May of this year
Userlevel 5
Angela Howlett wrote:

Sorry you had experienced that Angela. Despite the misguided rants above, what good Reps do and don't do and why, the Professional Koodo Reps hold a higher standard. I hit the Koodo Kiosk one step behind the couple ahead of me and waited an hour, before my turn, as both Reps where now serving Customers. Long story short, the Koodo Reps explained EVERYTHING IN DETAIL To CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION during the entire sales process INCLUDING WARRANTEES and last but not least the KOODO SURVEY followed with a hand shake, a smile and the word "enjoy". Other Customers began lining up behind me and everyone in line was listening, with smiles on their faces, rather than pissed for the long wait. This is how the Koodo Reps at the Georgian Mall, Barrie ON conducted their transactions. My Reps name was Diana. You can also find this High Quality Standard of Service at the Zhers Mobile Shop, Essa Rd Barrie ON location, when you deal with Phone Rep, Matthew. This service does exist Angela and I feel bad that your experience was not to standard.
Angela Howlett wrote:

My problem was probably not going to an actual Koodo Kiosk and dealing with cell phone reps in Walmart that handle all carriers. 
Userlevel 5
Angela Howlett wrote:

Ouch!
Angela Howlett wrote:

if you bought this with a credit card, they might have purchase protection. I know AMEX has 90 days from purchase date.

good luck