Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Got my nexus 4, but my koodo sim card does not fit

Just got my nexus 4, but my koodo sim card does not fit. I assume that one of the micro cards will work. Can someone confirm this for me please

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it takes a Micro SIM. You can get a new SIM Card or attempt to cut yours down with A template you can find online. I cut mine down for my Galaxy Note 2 & it works fine although ppl don't recommend it. If you know what your doing @ have a sharp pair of Barbers scissors & just make sure you don't cut into the gold colored chip on the bottom then your fine in my eyes. If your close to a place to get a new one getting an actual Micro SIM is what I do recommend though. They're $10 if your on post paid & $20 if your on pre paid
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Yes it takes a Micro SIM. You can get a new SIM Card or attempt to cut yours down with A template...

I agree with kid, I cut mine and it worked
Userlevel 6
As Kid Android suggested, if you're not sure about cutting your SIM, here's a template you can follow to help with the process: http://www.airportal.de/nanosim/How_to_cut_Mini_and_Micro_SIM_to_Nano_SIM.pdf I tried it and it works great!
Userlevel 1
You can also buy a special punch for a couple of bucks that does a good job, just Google "Micro Sim Card Cutter"; they usually come with a couple of regular SIM size holders (Micro Sim Adapters) so you can use the now smaller SIM back where it came from if you need to. Amazon sells them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steve wrote:

You can also buy a special punch for a couple of bucks that does a good job, just Google "Micro S...

I have heard bad things about SIM Cutters & that they have left a sharp edge on the SIM Card & then ruined a some ppl's SIM Card tray & left their phone inoperable. I personally don't recommend those cutters.