Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Google Pixel XL 128gb, Bright Friday Sale

Hello,

I know you guys are swamped with the recent sale, I've seen all the copy-pasted replies to that issue, so spare me please!

Since there's no word from Koodo on the status of my order, perhaps we can crowd source some information on this.

Has anyone else on here ordered the Google Pixel XL 128gb, on or around the Bright Friday Sale?

If so, have you received 'approval' on your order yet, or any indication of when the device might ship?

Thank you for your time.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you're hoping for anecdotal answers? Who knows when others placed the order and at what point their order placed was served. The webstore isn't he best at sending emails. Besides contacting hem via phone or email, you're just going to have to wait. That's pretty much a "copy-pasted" reply but it's also the truth. Not what you want to hear but they are swamped with orders and even on the best of days aren't very communicative. You'll just have to be patient.
Goran wrote:

So you're hoping for anecdotal answers? Who knows when others placed the order and at what point ...

What possible harm could result from other people sharing their experiences ordering the same phone, on the same weekend? Might there be some potential similarities in the experience of such a small sample of the 'community'? Take a look at this https://goo.gl/j4EaSw.
Goran wrote:

So you're hoping for anecdotal answers? Who knows when others placed the order and at what point ...

I find the tone of your reply oddly negative and discouraging. "Hoping for anecdotal answers?" Yes. "Who knows when others placed [their] orders?" The group I am appealing to would know when they placed their order. "Not what you want to hear, but they are swamped ..." Didn't I acknowledge that, in the same words, in my first sentence?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I'm certainly not saying don't; I'm saying that the individual user's case won't mean much for others. Its anecdotal. Even orders placed around the same time can't be safely assumed to process in the same time. YMMV type thing. But if you're still looking to hear it from others that's fine. You acknowledged that they're swamped but then go on to say that you don't want to hear the so-called copy-pasted answers. So you don't want o hear the truth? You can call it negative and discouraging but that doesn't change that's all thereis to know.
Goran wrote:

I don't know why you're so stuck on me being in denial about Koodo being busy, Goran. It's very clear to everyone, I am sure. I'm not afraid of the truth in any way. The reason I asked to be spared the sermon is because I know, I understand, it is what it is. I was hoping that acknowledging that, I could move past that and accomplish something productive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Yeap, we have more orders than we expected. Simple as that. :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What's your order # Clint? Also, if I'm not mistaken the 128gb version has gone on back-order sometime during the sale so depending when you bought yours the delay in shipping can vary.
Hello Bernard, thank you for your response. I have seen you helping many people in this forum. I understand the situation at hand, Koodo is slammed, stock of the phone is low or nonexistent, but it is still reassuring to hear something from someone official. My order no. is HFO16723412.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clint wrote:

Hello Bernard, thank you for your response. I have seen you helping many people in this forum. I ...

Cool. I will need some time to have your order checked, it's the weekend, but will get back as soon as I have something to share. 
Clint wrote:

Hello Bernard, thank you for your response. I have seen you helping many people in this forum. I ...

HFO16722220 Mind giving me an update as well. thanks. would love to have it before xmas - ordered during the 25th
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clint wrote:

@Clint and Ron - awaiting further details on back-order timing. Hoping to have an update for you both tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clint wrote:

Hey guys - both of your orders are pending validation of the order details. The orders re currently in queue amongst the backlog of orders from last weekend. Once they are approved, they will then be placed in queue for Pixel XL orders and will be shipped out pending availability (which is looking like beginning to mid January at this point).
Clint wrote:

Any insight into the backlog for the 32GB Pixel, non-XL?

My order number is HFO16723393 and I'm trying to reset my expectations since "delivered last week" is a bit difficult to achieve at this point.
Clint wrote:

Hey Ranjan, What do you mean by pending validation? I ordered a G5 on the same account (different number) at about the same time that's already arrived
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clint wrote:

Hi Ron - they were two separate orders handled/processed separately. For each order we verify to ensure the billing address matches what was entered in the order, that the account is in good standing, you're eligible for the tab you've selected (if applicable), etc. This is a manual process handled by an agent, and at the moment your Pixel order is in queue to be verified after which it will be in queue for inventory to arrive and to be shipped out. Hope that helps clarify. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Clint wrote:

@JB - your order has been verified and is in queue to be processed and shipped out. It's stuck in the backlog of orders from last weekend. You will receive an email along with tracking information once the order is ready to ship.