Koodo Community
Solved

Google pixel 4XL Google assistant not working

I can’t activate the google assistant by saying “Hey google or Ok Google.” I have tried a couple settings changes and adjustments recommended by others on different forums. Can I get a replacement from Koodo for this?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 13 May 2020, 03:28

Have you tried any of the suggestions offered on the Google Assistant Help page? At the bottom of the page, there is an option to contact Google directly if all else fails.

1. On your phone or tablet, open your Settings app.
  2. Scroll to, then tap, Tips and support.
  3. From here, you can contact us by phone, chat with us, or send feedback.

Fix issues with "Hey Google" on a mobile device

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you buy the phone? 

Have you competed a factory reset? 

I assume you have set up the google assistant on previous phones with success so you know what you are doing? 

I've had it since the Black Friday sales. It worked for a while but hasn't worked for some time now. I'm well versed in how it's supposed to work. Trying to avoid a factory reset as I'd rather not lose everything and have to re-download everything.

Badge +4

Have you tried any of the suggestions offered on the Google Assistant Help page? At the bottom of the page, there is an option to contact Google directly if all else fails.

1. On your phone or tablet, open your Settings app.
  2. Scroll to, then tap, Tips and support.
  3. From here, you can contact us by phone, chat with us, or send feedback.

Fix issues with "Hey Google" on a mobile device

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well you are asking for a replacement.... Which would need a full backup and redownload anyways. It's a last resort prior to sending the phone out for warranty.

Note that since it's more than 15 days there are no refunds/exchanges and will need to go through a warranty process to determine if it is repairable 

Went ahead and reset it last night. Working so far today.

48 hours post reset and assistant has stopped working again by voice. 

Badge +4

@AllanRNB It might be worth contacting Google to see if they have a way of fixing this problem. If enough people have complained, Google may have a software patch release in the works that remedies the issue.