Koodo Community

Community

Give 5mb of free data for mms for non data users

I'm sure i'm not the only person with this issue. I currently have no data plan on my nexus 4, as I don't need one, but need to receive picture msgs, everytime I turn on my data to receive pictures I get charged for data that my apps sort of use. I blocked everything but some still use data, and the apn change is not working all that great, so i'm thinking since picture msg is included in my plan it would be nice for koodo to give some data to compensate for the accidental app data useage.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
I really struggle how some people end up with "accidental" data use if you are indeed conscious about choking whatever data apps might use. I have never had that issue and haven't incurred extra data use while sending or receiving pictures. Many of the apps can be set to only work on wi-fi. Even my netflix app. Would love to know how for some shutting off data works and for others it doesn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Turn on data when you have a solid wifi connection. Always does the trick with no data leakage for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can add +1 here too 🙂 http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/increase_free_data_under_ppu_data_saver_to_2_mb