Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Ghost data usage!

Why is there a "trickle" of data usage, (averaging 0.15 megabyte daily), when I have downloaded no apps that I am aware of and never knowingly am using data? I do not have a data plan because I only use my phone for calling and texting.

10 replies

If you're running android, things like sending an error report, or checking for updates in the background pulls data.
Userlevel 7
As long as it's turned off on your device and auto-sync is disabled you shouldn't be using anything besides what was mentioned above. If you're very concerned about it, Koodo can also apply a Data Block on your account so it will be completely disabled. The stipulation is that picture messages will also no longer work because despite all of Koodo's newer Canada-wide plans including unlimited messaging by default, they require data to work, but you will not be charged for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or just turn mobile data off on the phone. To my knowledge, every smartphone allows this option, except possibly the inq chat and the inq cloud touch.
I can send pictures to my facebook or to my contacts on my phone but I cant receive pictures to my phone. I have a samsung galaxy ace. I have picture sending on my plan too. HELP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Fyall wrote:

I can send pictures to my facebook or to my contacts on my phone but I cant receive pictures to m...

Contacts to send pictures as text you need to have data enabled on the device. You won't be charged for the data used to send pictures.
Userlevel 5
Heather Fyall wrote:

I can send pictures to my facebook or to my contacts on my phone but I cant receive pictures to m...

Since you can send, and not receive there is probably an issue on the back end of your account. Only way to get this resolved is a call into tech support to have it reset.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Fyall wrote:

Oops I read the issue wrong and thought she could send to facebook but not texts, thanks for catching that Jorden 🙂
Userlevel 2
Heather Fyall wrote:

The most common cause of pictures not being able to be received is because a CDMA phone was previously used on the account and when a switch to HSPA is done, some information on the back end doesn't update correctly. A quick call to our Technical Support team can get this resolved quickled. *611 Option 6 🙂.
Userlevel 5
Heather Fyall wrote:

lol Kid I misread it as well and missed the Facebook part! At least together we figured it all out lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Fyall wrote:

;-)