Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting close to the border and being charged for roaming.

When i go to niagara falls ontario my phone tells me "welcome to the USA". I haven't crossed the border but my phone thinks I have. Kodoo should have an option pop up that tells you that you are connecting to an american cell tower and ask if you would like to connect to it instead of just connecting to the tower automatically. I never use my phone in Niagara falls because I am afraid of being charged for roaming when I haven't left the country.
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 9 February 2016, 17:10

Your phones has a setting Change NETWORK SELECTION to Manual The device will perform a scan which could take up to 2 minutes. You'll be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo or Telus from this list.Note: Doing this disables international roaming. Should you ever want to roam in the future you'll need to change this setting back to automatic

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Your phones has a setting Change NETWORK SELECTION to Manual The device will perform a scan which could take up to 2 minutes. You'll be presented with a list of available networks. Choose Koodo or Telus from this list.Note: Doing this disables international roaming. Should you ever want to roam in the future you'll need to change this setting back to automatic