Koodo Community

Community

Get the nexus 5x and 6p

Userlevel 3
Like the title says koodo should offer these nexus devices when they are announced on Tuesday. Since they won't have the note 5.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Mohamed, where'd you hear koodo isn't getting the note 5? You may be right but I'm just curious. Also agreed for your idea on getting the new nexus devices. 🙂
Userlevel 3
I assumed since the note has been out since August also no word from koodo Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MohamedAbdourahman wrote:

I assumed since the note has been out since August also no word from koodo Daniel

Koodo has chosen not to carry the Note 5 for now, but they may choose to release it at a later date. For example, the Note 2 and G3 were released by Koodo well after their original launches.
Userlevel 7
Oh I see, well hopefully koodo surprises us 🙂
Userlevel 2
Well, based on Android police.  Only the Nexus 6P will be available in Canada.  No Nexus 5X for us.  Just hope Koodo will be getting the 6P.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ernie MacDonald wrote:

Well, based on Android police.  Only the Nexus 6P will be available in Canada.  No Nexu...

They're both coming to Canada:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/09/29/the-nexus-5x-and-nexus-6p-will-come-to-canada-by-the-end-of-octobe...

Userlevel 3
Ernie MacDonald wrote:

Well, based on Android police.  Only the Nexus 6P will be available in Canada.  No Nexu...

No word from koodo, they need to be more assertive
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ernie MacDonald wrote:

You won't hear anything from Koodo beforehand. They always announce phones on the day they start with the sales.
Ernie MacDonald wrote:

That's not true Ivan. Koodo has launched tons of phones as coming soon. sad that wind can post that it is coming soon and koodo leaves us in the dark. I know i can buy it unlocked but I have a positive tab balance and i really shouldn't have to buy it unlocked. In fact if Koodo doesn't announce the phone shortly I'll be switching my wife and I to another carrier. 
Userlevel 3
I'd be OK with the 32 GB version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mohamed.

Keep following Koodo's Facebook page. They will most likely announce it there!
Userlevel 2
PLEASE KOODO, PLEASE GET THE NEXUS 6P and NEXUS 5X!!!!!
Userlevel 3
Pricing shouldnt be a problem. I'll provide the tab prices for both Nexus options. (not all of the storage options though) please note these are just estimates and Koodo, to demonstrate what pricing could be if they do decide to carry the Nexus 5X and 6P if koodo decides to offer both phones.
Nexus 5P 32 GB version: with a Tab it will cost   $199.00 + tax
Nexus 6P 32 GB version: with a Tab it will cost   $339.00 + tax
Nexus 6P 64 GB version: with a Tab it will Cost  $389.00 + tax

for those wondering the 16GB version is irrelevant, the storage size is too small. All pricing figures can be found on (I just subtracted 360 from the full price) 
http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/09/29/the-nexus-5x-and-nexus-6p-will-come-to-canada-by-the-end-of-octobe... 

the color options for the Nexus 5X are ok, but for the Nexus 6P they should offer with the graphite option one of either Aluminium or Frost. rogers will offer the Nexus 6P on contract for $199.00 on a 2year term.
Userlevel 5
Since no carriers in Canada is advertising the new Nexus devices yet!
I'm sure Koodo is negotiating the best price they can get for us.
Patience is a virtue here in Canada.
Userlevel 3
Spence fair enough, only rogers has made an announcement. That said, I'm hoping koodo comes through.
Userlevel 3
Surprising no word from any carriers except for Rogers and wind. Happy that I have a 150 positive tab credit. Gotta say koodo is dropping the ball with their choice of phones. No note 5, at the very least say you won't offer it. I don't like it when carriers decide to carry a phone halfway through its launch. Moto x play is an OK choice though. Folks keep spamming the forums till koodo gets or acknowledges they either will or will not get the nexus 5x and 6p
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Surprising no word from any carriers except for Rogers and wind. Happy that I have a 150 positiv...

Spamming the forums will not make Koodo any more likely to carry the phone.
Userlevel 2

Surprising no word from any carriers except for Rogers and wind. Happy that I have a 150 positiv...

Koodo needs to get these phones.  Atleast expand their phone lineups.  Like really the LG G3.  Where is the G4?  When they carried the Nexus 5 in 2013.  I said this is great.  koodo will carry the google phones when they are relesed.  The Nexus 6 came out and Koodo didn't carry it.  Now the Nexus 5x and 6p are coming and I have a strong feeling that Koodo won't carry them.  It is frustrating to say the least.  I have a built up tab.  And there isn't a phone Koodo has that i want to replace my Nexus 5.  Come on koodo.  Get these phones!!!!

Couldn't agree more Ernie. I love the G4 but I know koodo likely won't carry it for a while if ever. And they aren't leaving me much hope for the N5x. And yet they carry 15 different iphones.......disappointing to say the least. Think I might go to videotron if they don't announce the N5x in the next week. Hope a bunch of other people do too. Give the public what they want!

They're now available from Koodo, online only.

It's too bad they didn't say that they were coming soon. I bought a G4 from virgin about 3 weeks ago. Oh well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Folks,

Based on your feedback we have started carrying certain phones that are available online only for now. The first 3 are Nexus 5X, 6P and the LG G4. Check them out here: https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Phones#