Koodo Community

get a new model mobile with existing plan

currently with plan $35 to be expired in Nov, 2021 and wish to get a updated model mobile now. any suggestion pls

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What would you like to know?

I have existing contract with koodo $35/month until Nov 2021 and I wish to get an updated mobile model. Any suggestions pls

I mean is it possible to get a new mobile from now rather then wait until Nov 2021?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can upgrade your phone any time.

But, you need to pay off your Tab balance AND Tab bonus if you upgrade before 24month is up.

What phone did you get and what phone are you looking at?

Right now mine is sam sung A70 on hand; I am looking for sam sung mobile S21 . thanks.  I checked I still get tab balance $105

seems no tab bonus found in my account profile

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right now mine is sam sung A70 on hand; I am looking for sam sung mobile S21 . thanks.  I checked I still get tab balance $105

With $105 left that likely means you bought the phone 17 months ago which would be Nov 2019. Does that sound correct? If so, you would have a tab bonus as they started doing that in August of 2019.

From Koodo "Customers who signed up from August 25, 2019 until July 4, 2020 with a Tab Bonus (formerly referred to as the ‘Phone Credit’) will continue to not see their Tab Bonus in Self Serve"

If you take a look at your service agreement you can double check to see if you have a tab bonus or phone credit on your paperwork and do the math to see how much you'd have left.

Yes, i saw there was a term named phone credit inside the contract 

$306

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$306

Okay so if your original phone credit was $306 and you have 7 months left then you would have:

($306/24)*7 = $89.25 remaining of your phone credit to pay back along with your remaining tab balance.