Koodo Community

Galaxy S9 Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE

• 4 September 2018
  • 83 replies

Show first post

83 replies

I am j able to get my VOLTE to work. This is my phone. Koodo and Samsung cant help

me
Uunable to get support from Koodo AMD Samsung.
Please if anybody can hell me I would love it.
I tried the *#272#imei" get error. Have all updates on my S9+ International UAE. Only used on Koodo

Badge +4
Try (*#272*Phones' IMEI#) - minus brackets. In your description, (*#272#imei#), the # symbol appears between 272 and Phones' IMEI, when it should be an asterisk/star * symbol.
rikkster

Thank you very much will try it Cannot thank you enough
Just wanted to provide an update and state that the issue was an account provisioning problem. The second rep also mentioned that the phone wan't supported, but thanks to Mats link, I was able to convince her to dig further. She confirmed it's now supported and mentioned grey market isn't supported, but she added the VoLTE Access feature to my account and now both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are working on my S9. Thanks for the useful info guys, it made my day and now I will happily stick with Koodo since they provide the features I've been waiting 6 months for!

@Eluder Do you have phone purchased from Koodo or its unlocked from samsung \ reflashed from some other customer ? Did you try to call and check if phone stays on LTE during the call ?

Just wanted to provide an update and state that the issue was an account provisioning problem. The second rep also mentioned that the phone wan't supported, but thanks to Mats link, I was able to convince her to dig further. She confirmed it's now supported and mentioned grey market isn't supported, but she added the VoLTE Access feature to my account and now both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are working on my S9. Thanks for the useful info guys, it made my day and now I will happily stick with Koodo since they provide the features I've been waiting 6 months for!@Eluder Do you have phone purchased from Koodo or its unlocked from samsung \ reflashed from some other customer ? Did you try to call and check if phone stays on LTE during the call ?

My phone was purchased from another carrier; no need to reflash the phone, Samsung has a simple method to change the customization (CSC) and you can change it from whatever it was, to Koodo.
VoLTE worked fine after the service/feature was added to my account as during calls my phone remained on LTE.
Just wanted to provide an update and state that the issue was an account provisioning problem. The second rep also mentioned that the phone wan't supported, but thanks to Mats link, I was able to convince her to dig further. She confirmed it's now supported and mentioned grey market isn't supported, but she added the VoLTE Access feature to my account and now both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are working on my S9. Thanks for the useful info guys, it made my day and now I will happily stick with Koodo since they provide the features I've been waiting 6 months for!
@Eluder Do you have phone purchased from Koodo or its unlocked from samsung \ reflashed from some other customer ? Did you try to call and check if phone stays on LTE during the call ?
My phone was purchased from another carrier; no need to reflash the phone, Samsung has a simple method to change the customization (CSC) and you can change it from whatever it was, to Koodo. VoLTE worked fine after the service/feature was added to my account as during calls my phone remained on LTE.

Woohoo. with 2nd attempt i got it working , some sleepy dood been telling me that its not gna work for non Koodo phones, blah blah. He was a cs rep and been hopping between me and some1 from tech support and finally they said we cant do anything to make it work. At least they fixed VoWIFI. In a week i decided to give it one more try and requested call back from tech support dept. Nice lady Leandra ( thank you ! ) tried to push same old story bout non Koodo equipment but i referred to this topic and convinced her to dig a bit deeper and in 5 min i got my VoLTE working.

You will see the *# dial pad code a little more than halfway down the page in the link below...UPDATE: I GOT IT WORKING!!

I backed up my essential stuff, used the included adapter to move some files to a USB stick I had lying around, and went ahead and tested my theory about the sales code switch.

And, as I was saying above, the CSC switch was the right answer, AND there is a way to do it without resetting the phone.

For unlocked samsung galaxy s9s and s9+ with the ability to change sales codes (mine was not carrier branded):

Looks like I'm gonna go through this tomorrow after work. I have a Virgin Mobile Samsung s9 phone and I switched to Koodo today for the Samsung note 10 when it comes out. Virgin mobile doesn't sell the Note phones. So I was told when I asked about the Note 9. I see they have it now. But anyway. Wish me luck. Almost a year later lol /")_@