Koodo Community

Community

Galaxy S8 referral

Userlevel 2
I referred my brother to Koodo and he bought a Galaxy S8 from Best Buy in Red deer, AB. I just got my 50 dollar bill credit on my account. It took about 5 weeks to receive the credit. He likes the phone as he was upgrading from S3.I referred him because he was with Telus for over 10 years and he was paying double what he pays now. He bought the phone out right, so there is no tab.

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Watching Samsung Note 8 release video, from todays launch. Will Koodo have this phone in its inventory soon? Bell is currently promoting this product. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Watching Samsung Note 8 release video, from todays launch. Will Koodo have this phone in its inve...

There is no official word yet. Keep watch on the forums here and if they're carrying it you will see an article about it.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Watching Samsung Note 8 release video, from todays launch. Will Koodo have this phone in its inve...

The video says it will be in stores September 15/ 2017. samung is now taking pre-orders. Thanks. BG
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

It's being released to Telus and it's likely Koodo will get it too. We will just have to wait and see!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

To my recollection, Koodo does not do pre-orders, so any announcement would occur at or near general release day.

Userlevel 6
Brian Gallagher wrote:

I think Koodo does do pre-orders. I swear I remember pre-ordering the S8+ and got the Gear VR as a pre-order.gift.

I no longer own that pile of turd, as I went through two of them with pink displays before giving up on it. I do remember I got it via pre-order though.

I suspect that Koodo may not end up carrying the Note 8, as it's priced above the price point of most Koodo clients (aka, they won't sell very many). That's only a guess though, I have been known to be wrong on occasion. Or, if you ask my wife......often...
Brian Gallagher wrote:

They are available for pre-order at Best Buy under Koodo so that you can get the bonus items. They may be doing it a different round about way though. I don't understand why they are not being advertised with the rest, but it is on their website and in store. They put the max on the tab but it still costs up front $750. Koodo website says nothing, and other retailers have no information on the Note 8 pre-order even though the bonus item page at samsung has those retailers populated on the drop down list.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Thank you. I will follow up later. It sounds pricey. My HTC One m8 was paid for last year...lol. Do you know what the bonus is for this device?
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note8 between August 23 – September 14 and get a bonus Samsung Wireless Charger Convertible plus Samsung 128GB MicroSD Card following purchase. All below steps are mandatory in order to redeem the offer: 1. Pre-Order your Samsung Galaxy Note8 from participating authorized Canadian carriers and retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Samsung.com/ca from August 23 – September 14, 2017.1 2. Visit www.samsung.com/promotions and click ‘REGISTER NOW’ for the offer. 3. Sign in or sign up for your Samsung Account from the ‘MY OFFERS’ tab and sign up for the Galaxy Note8 Pre-Order promotion by completing all required fields.2 4. Sign into your Samsung Account during device setup on your Galaxy Note8 with the same Samsung Account email address in step #3 and register your device. Deadline to sign into your Samsung Account is October 31st, 2017. Shipment of the Galaxy Note8 bonus is expected to take 6 to 8 weeks from step #4, subject to completion of requirements set out above.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Thanks, Just read Samsung site.. I left them a note about Koodo as well. It's weird they hadn't published the promo on note 8. A sentence about Canadian carriers on Samsung.ca website on this product.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

JUST saw tablet promo for Galaxy S8, reserved one in Edmonton. I don't know if they will honour deal on his phone he bought few weeks ago. We give it a shot. Thanks for your help fellas.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

No qualify, from Samsung, after buying S8. Go figure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Did they say no you can only get the promo at time of purchase? The note 8 will be available through Koodo as an online only purchase.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

He didn't buy it from one of the specific retailers, Best Buy and Koodo not on that list. Lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Seriously ? That's some nonsense. Who qualified as retailers?
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Samsung store, Bell mobility and a list of others. I didn't have the discussion with Samsung rep from West Ed store. What ever, it's their product and they make the weird rules.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Was it this deal? "Get a high speed Tab E 8” LTE bonus.gift* (valued at $288) when you buy the new Galaxy S8 | S8+"? If so that promo ended August 10th.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Expiry September 14/17 AS PER Samsung promo on their website. It is still active as per the rep.
Userlevel 1
Brian Gallagher wrote:

I try to refer all my friends. $50 credit never gets old