Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy s7 Email App.

Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question... Does the Samsung Galaxy s7 not have a spam/Junk email folder? and if so how do i access it? If not, how come in Email settings it says "Spam Addresses" and says to add them to select an email, select more, then add to spam; even though this isn't even an option when i select more while viewing an email. Is this an issue with my phone or the App, i'm so confused.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Melissa,

What app are you using for your email? If you use a hotmail address, you should try the outlook app or the gmail app for a gmail address.
i was trying to use the stock Email app that comes on the samsung phone. i love the layout it gives but i cant figure out why it has instructions in settings to add to spam addresses yet when i follow the instructions the menus that it says will show, don't; so any mail that would go to my junk email i don't even get unless i use a different app, but the stock email app isn't removable from what i can tell so now i just kinda have this app taking up space.  It's a live and a hotmail email, i am using gmail now but im not a fan of its layout.
Userlevel 7
Melissa Alexander wrote:

i was trying to use the stock Email app that comes on the samsung phone. i love the layout it giv...

Why don't you use the outlook app? That's the one designed for your email. The thing with stock apps is that they usually offer a lot less functionality. However, typically spam or junk will be hidden in the additional folders section.
Userlevel 7
Melissa Alexander wrote:

i was trying to use the stock Email app that comes on the samsung phone. i love the layout it giv...

The stock email app is really barebones with my S6 Edge

If you're using live and Hotmail I would follow Mathieu l's recommended course of using their app.
Melissa Alexander wrote:

yah i thought it might be hidden in there too, but i guess it's not, Outlook it shall be than, thanks for the help!