Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy s7 $200 trade in - any phone?

There is a currently a promotion for a $200 trade in value if you purchase a Galaxy S7. Is this for any old phone? Are there any specific requirements? Working condition? 

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a special promo from Samsung. There are no terms tied to the condition of the device. Under Koodo's standard process for other phones, though, the phone has to be in working order. The value is determined based on the condition of the phone.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

This is a special promo from Samsung. There are no terms tied to the condition of the device. Und...

So is it full $200 credit or up to $200?  Would I receive a $200 credit for a Galaxy S3 that is in great condition?  Thanks.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

This is a special promo from Samsung. There are no terms tied to the condition of the device. Und...

Go to Bell to get the phone. You end up paying the same amount per month. The phone is also 199 right now so with trade in it is free.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Also the trade in at bell is whatever the phone is worth PLUS 200 bonus trade in so you coukd get the S7 edge which is only 299 now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

It is 200 dollars for any phone.

@Mark yes but then you're with Bell...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

And the minimum plan requirement with Bell starts $80......
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Actually it is 90 but woth koodo after you factor in the 21 tab fee it is the same...and saving 200-300 on the phone...i am a koodo customer and they used to be the best but for network coverage and what they charge for the phones themselves it is mkre expensive..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Sure. Ok it's $90. One difference, is that one continues paying for a $90 plan with Bell while the tab charge drops off. Either way, people make their own call and decide accordingly who they pick. The people still love us according to the latest JD Power report a few weeks back:  http://canada.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-canadian-wireless-customer-care-study

We haven't lost the love! :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Took a look at Bell's site. The S7's tradein promo is for 245 dollars. The S7 Edge is 200. The plan must be at least 80 a month. I don't see anything stating you get 200+ trade-in value of the phone. If you want nationwide calling, the minimum you will spend is 85 a month for 500mb, and 90 for 1GB. So sure it's 90 for Koodo with 1GB, and 85 for Bell. Then you stop paying the tab afterwards. It'll just come down to as Bernard said no longer paying for the tab after 2 years with Koodo. Will you be upgrading every 2 years? It might be better with Bell this time around. Will you not be? I wouldn't switch over. Or do you already have Bell services? Bundling will save you a bit more and makes sens ein that case so long as you intend to stay with Bell for the other services.
So is it $200 no matter what, or up to $200, depending on the value? Also, I noticed that Telus has the same deal, but for S7 and S7 Edge. Is this deal applicable to S7 Edge as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

So is it $200 no matter what, or up to $200, depending on the value? Also, I noticed that Telus h...

It's a $200 flat rate trade in. The offer is only available in store. Koodo does not sell the s7 edge in store, only the s7, thus the deal is only available on the s7.
cjax wrote:

So is it $200 no matter what, or up to $200, depending on the value? Also, I noticed that Telus h...

I have an old HTC desire, and have been wanting to replace it. So you will give me $200 for a trade in if I buy the Galaxy S7? How much is an S7? Can I still keep my current Koodo plan? (It is $35/month for 200 min., unlimited text & 50 MB data., prepaid)? Please let me know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

The offer should apply for prepaid customers as well, there are no restrictions listed on koodo's site. You would pay the retail price of the phone: $904.00. $704 after the $200 trade in credit, plus tax.
cjax wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!
Userlevel 4
cjax wrote:

just talked to one of the lovely ladies at the koodo booth today. she said $200 applies to any phone in working condition, even an old flip phone. it applies on both the tab and tab+ plans. if you have a nice newer phone, the trade in value could be more than $200
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

Nice newer phones for trade-in are never more than selling it yourself. The advantage is the convenience. I'd stick with the oldest phone you can find or have stashed somewheres.
cjax wrote:

Can you trade in 2 phones for the 400?

cjax wrote:

Can you trade in 2 phones for the 400?

Userlevel 7
cjax wrote:

Hi Mark,

No, Koodo only allows you to trade in 1 phone at a time. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

Or to be super detailed, one phone per phone you want to buy...per line. Samsung isn't THAT generous!
Userlevel 6
cjax wrote:

so if I have a working Nokia 5190 I can trade that in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

Yes.
cjax wrote:

So how I can prove to koodo people at kiosks that this promotion is "$200 trade-in value for any phone towards full price of S7 or any tab"?

WHY all the conditions TOGETHER are nowhere to be found? 

Friday May 27th
Yorkdale centre Koodo kiosk.
Refused to sell on tab, or full price with $200 trade-in. Insisted that "any phone $200 trade-in is only on tab plus, not on tab, not on full price".

And in Eaton centre Koodo kiosk. Nice lady told me that she can sell it on any tab or full price BUT old flip phone doesn't qualify. Only recent smartphones, ad is saying any phone but system doesn't allow her to select old models. She even showed me that there is no way to select old nokia flip phone model in a menu of trade ins.
cjax wrote:

what if the phone is working but not working 100% properly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cjax wrote:

That's Ok for this special, as long as you take a plan on TAB Plus with it.