Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S6 Frequently Sending Calls Straight To Voicemail/Texts Very Delayed

Phone very regularly misses calls completely and sends callers directly to voicemail. I have missed far too many important calls because of this issue. I also don't receive texts until I send one, then will receive a massive flood of texts. 

I have left my WiFi off, turned off LTE, and still have this issue. Apparently I am not alone and Koodo just hasn't solved the problem. Thank God the CRTC now mandates that Koodo let us simply pay off our tab and then leave, because I am very close to leaving this company for good.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It really Sucks ppl are having issues with the phone but really it has nothing to do with koodo it's Samsung you have issue with as they made the phone and the software for the phone. Have you tried contacting Samsung about the issue? It weird so many ppl are having the issue because I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and neither phone is having this issue and I couldn't replicate it. I'll bring this to Koodo's immediately attention and see what their stance is exactly because there definitely are ppl like yourself having issues and something like this is a very serious issue IMO.
Userlevel 6
This is a problem with Samsung, not Koodo.
It's also being looked at.

Time's like this I'm glad I'm an apple fanboy 🙂
Userlevel 1
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

Time's like this I'm glad ...

I have the same problem with a galaxy note 2 Kudo sent me 2 refurbished phones then I dealt with Samsung and had sent my phone in seven times also receiving 2 refurbished phones Samsung has a major problem that they will not admit to I just got an lg phone and have had no problemsI found that if I texted myself a lot it would unlock the phone sometimes restarting the phone would help for a short time nobody could find a fix or a problem it is something to do when I turn the Wi-Fi on and then turned it off my phone would not take calls Samsung kept leading me on and then my warranty expired and they told me I was on my own so I had enough hopefully you can find a solution to your problem but I don't think Samsung will help
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

It really Sucks ppl are having issues with the phone but really it has nothing to do with koodo ...

samsung is my next stop, although I am at the point where I'm going to cancel this plan, sell my phone on kijiji, and use the proceeds towards a new phone. Koodo has been really unimpressive for me so far, even if this issue isn't their fault. Calls drop way more frequently than when I was with Rogers and my reception is worse in the areas I use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

You changed your name I see and still going on about this for over a year.... Let it go
Userlevel 6

It really Sucks ppl are having issues with the phone but really it has nothing to do with koodo ...

That's next to impossible.
Must have something to do with the samsung.

Telus's network is considerably larger than rogers network.
I don't know of a single place that rogers work that telus does not.
we also clock in at faster than rogers as well.
It's worth staying with Koodo.
And i haven't even mentioned price but we both know that's a big factor.

Think about it at least!
Userlevel 1
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

Still a jerk I see, that's my experience with my phone so suck it up and leave me alone , you are still throwing your comments out?, and it's less than a year it was only June

Any non-Telus sources for those claims? I'm not saying youre incorrect, but all I can do is operate based on my own experience. I've had iPhone and Android on both Koodo and Rogers and I really can't see why I would stay with this service. The call quality on this phone and my girlfriend's iPhone 5s is noticeably worse. Dropped call at least once a week, and really poor call quality. If the price difference isn't going to be that substantial then I don't see why I would stay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Rogers extended service uses the Bell /Telus network, so you coverage with Rogers should be as good or better than in the past. Buy what works best for your needs; there are definitely areas wher coverage may be better with one carrier than another.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This may help Rich: http://canada.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-canadian-wireless-network-quality-study

That said, despite wireless technology improving leaps and bounds over the years, it's still not perfect. No carrier in the world can claim zero dropped calls at all place they provide service, if they do they are lying. :-) There are also many other factors that influence reception.

I do see that you talked to one of our rep today and he refreshed some of the network provisioning to see if that helps resolve the issue. Have things improved at all?

I'm having the same problem with Fido/Rogers. The 5.1.2 update should fixe this. You can also disable wifi calling or disable wifi once in sleep under wifi advanced settings. Problems occurs when wifi goes idle...
Userlevel 1

Still giving out useless advice I see good job Master Paul
Userlevel 5
Hey Rich! Since the 5.1.1 software update, some Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have been experiencing issues with dropped calls, missed calls, delays in receiving SMS and dropped calls when connected to WiFi. We have since pulled the update and we are working directly with Samsing to capture logs and isolate the issue in order to develp and release a fix. Thank you for your understanding!

I am having the same problem with delayed texts and calls going straight to voicemail.  Has there been any fix yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alison Lackie wrote:

I am having the same problem with delayed texts and calls going straight to voicemail.  Has ...

Yes a fix is being pushed to Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices now, go to your settings - about phone - and check for updates now, there should be a 97mb download waiting to be downloaded and installed. Try and perform the update with a full battery while plugged in and over a wifi signal to help save your Koodo data.