Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S5 or Iphone 6?

Userlevel 1
i am currently using iphone 4s , i want to updgrade phones, just not sure if i want to get iphone6 or galaxy S5. What you recommend ? which is better. Right now im leaning towards the S5 but would like more comments and reviews on it.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Both are excellent phones so really it comes down to what's important to you in a phone (what do you use your phone for most)? Also how much you already might have invested in the Apple Ecosystem with Apps, music, other Apple products, ect and if your willing to forgo that to switch to a new Operating System.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have any others Apple devices with you? If you answered yes to this question, I'd recommend to stick with them. Now with new features as handof and continuity, they come in pretty handy. Plus, an iPhone 6 has much more value on the market then the S5. Why? I don't know. It just sells better and keeps its value much more. I couldn't sell an S5 for more then 500$ and it was never used. This gives you an idea, an iPhone 6 would have sold in 2 minutes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Do you have any others Apple devices with you? If you answered yes to this question, I'd recommen...

They have better resale values because it's harder to get them on sale, they carry a brand name that commands a premium, as well as having unmatched warranty service. It's easier for someone to drop $500-700 on a secondhand phone when they can check the warranty status online and have their phone serviced without shipping (if there's an Apple store nearby) or without proof of purchase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Honestly, if you're happy with the 4S, you'll be more than happy with the 6. The S5 is a good phone, but you'll have to learn a new OS. There's nothing wrong with that, and you may actually prefer a change, but if you don't want to spend any time learning anything new, go with the 6. You can also restore a backup of your 4S to the 6, so that everything (messages, pictures, apps, etc.) are automatically transferred to the 6.
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

Honestly, if you're happy with the 4S, you'll be more than happy with the 6. The S5 is a good pho...

the only thing that concerns me is the battery life, my iphone 4s is not that old a year maybe , and the battery is really starting to weaken already. I was told from a friend that the android has a great battery
Userlevel 3
I have a 6 and my mom has an S5 (I came from an S3). Both are great devices, but my preference is the iPhone
Since you are coming from the 4S, I would recommend the iPhone 6. With the S5, you would have to learn a whole new OS, also I believe iOS is so much more fluid and smooth. If you want a heavily customizable OS then buy the S5. But another point to think about is security. Despite recent security flaws in iOS, iOS is still leading in mobile security. Now with regards to specs, on paper the S5 outperforms the iPhone 6 in every way possible, but in real life its quite the opposite way around. In summary I would highly recommend you stay with iPhone, but the choice is yours.