Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy s4 Menu button acting up?

My Samsung Galaxy s4's Menu button doesn't work. It does, however, open the menu over and over and over. It seems to be quite random? The phones been in a lifeproof case since I got it and hasn't been out of it except to clean the case screen (was worried something had gotten under the protective screen and that's why the menu button was acting up.) I'm wondering if I should be contacting Samsung or contacting Koodo to get this figured out? I have only had the phone for a month and a half, maybe 2 months. Would really like to get this figured out. 😞

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you running the most recent version of Android available for the S4? If not try updating it. If you are try doing a factory reset. If it's still doing it visit your local Koodo kiosk and they will be able to send it out for repair if it is indeed a hardware issue.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Are you running the most recent version of Android available for the S4? If not try updating it. ...

Yes, running the newest version. I'm just doing a factory reset now and will update on whether or not that fixes it.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Are you running the most recent version of Android available for the S4? If not try updating it. ...

just reset and now it's worse. ugh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bring it in to Koodo for warranty repair http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy