Koodo Community

Community

Solved

galaxy s4 LTE

I have a galaxy s4 and everything works very well only I have problem with the 4G or LTE it doesn't work...my phone it's GT-I9505 Network: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps): 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 up to 6 different band sets.

17 replies

If the phone is brought from another carrier you need to double check its compatibility with koodos network. Use this tool: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-a.shtml

PZABOY wrote:

If the phone is brought from another carrier you need to double check its compatibility with kood...

I did and the says my phone will not work with Koodo but how it can be like this when I'm using my phone now with koodo and everything works very well only the 4G doesn't work!!! anyways thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you in an area that's covered by LTE?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

yeah it's and the postal code is M4Y 2X6
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you ever had any phone with koodo get LTE in your area?

No, this is the first one
Userlevel 1

Postal code you provided is well covered with LTA coverage your phone seems to be compatible with kOODO HSPA (HSPA/LTE 850/1900 MHZ frequency)

Thx
Userlevel 6
Hi Mohideen, you need a specific SIM card to enjoy LTE on your phone. The V3 SIM card is solid purple and white in color. If you already have one, I suggest that you give our technical support a call. We have limited support on non-Koodo phones but we'll do our best 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi Mohideen, you need a specific SIM card to enjoy LTE on your phone. The V3 SIM card is solid pu...

Thank you and I will call soon
Yannick wrote:

Hi Mohideen, you need a specific SIM card to enjoy LTE on your phone. The V3 SIM card is solid pu...

I went today to Koodo the one in Eaton Center and the man who's working there he told me there are no SIM card like this kind what you wrote and they have only the same kind like what I have already the one with white and orange color!!! Can you tell me from where I can get that one? Toronto
Yannick wrote:

hello!!!
Userlevel 5
According to Wikipedia, telus uses band 4/1700 MHz for LTE which would explain why you are not getting it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks Where is the phone from?
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

According to Wikipedia, telus uses band 4/1700 MHz for LTE which would explain why you are not ge...

As a matter of fact I see it's different from the version for AT&T in the states meaning that for sure it's LTE bands are different from what all the major Canadian carriers use.
Jorden wrote:

According to Wikipedia, telus uses band 4/1700 MHz for LTE which would explain why you are not ge...

Yeah maybe..Thank you
Userlevel 4
There is also that rare chance that it being a non-Koodo phone, data may not work. It should, but there is no guarantee.
S4 only supports 1 out of 3 of T-Mobile's LTE bands. If that's not what is deployed near you, then search it here, [b] http://ellexroot.com/[b]