Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy s4 battery drains after 6 hours of use

Battery drains so fast.
After just 6 hours of normal use (some reading 30 mins, very few talk time like 10 mins, some text like 5 and couple of notifications) and I am already at 50% battery.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
That's actually good under your use you should get 12 hrs out of a charge
Userlevel 7
Yeah, iPhone and Android smartphones don't tend to last very long compared to their Windows Phone and Blackberry counterparts. Still, 6 hours at 50% isn't terrible. I've seen worse. Some things to consider: - Are you making sure the screen timeout is not set to more than 1 minute and the brightness is not too high? - Are you holding down the home button and then clearing out recently used apps? - Are you turning off WiFi, data, GPS, Bluetooth, etc when they're not being used? Also try this: Settings > Developer Options > Limit background processes. Set it to 4 or 3. See if that improves your battery. Keep in mind that if you ever take out your battery or restart your phone in any way, this setting gets reverted back to normal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Yeah, iPhone and Android smartphones don't tend to last very long compared to their Windows Phone...

Um, my iPhone outlasts both my WP and BB phones. It's a major reason why my iPhone 5 is still my daily driver despite my attempts to replace it with a Lumia 920 and a Z10.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Yeah, iPhone and Android smartphones don't tend to last very long compared to their Windows Phone...

I like the iPhone 5 standby time but when I actively use my year loaner from Koodo it doesn't seem to get past a day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

No argument there. But I can't get a full day with any of the alternatives either. Plus the iPhone gets me most web browsing time which is what I care about most of all. Plus, it charges faster than any other phone.
Jonathan I wrote:

I do all of these except for the background thing I just activate it today will see tomorrow. now I an at 35% after 7 and half hours