Koodo Community

Community

Galaxy S4!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Extremely impressed with Koodo announcing the Galaxy S4 coming to Koodo, that's HUGE!!!! Way to go Koodo, you can't be beat now at all.

18 replies

Userlevel 6
It'll be a fight between the MM's for who gets it first!
John Burke wrote:

*Insert Star Trek fight score* Fight! Fight! Fight!
Userlevel 5
John Burke wrote:

Not all the MMs 😉
hehe, guess we saw the news at the same time. Flipped to community, saw nothing, posted, saw yours. Apparently I type slower with a 2 year old bugging... lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iglooman wrote:

hehe, guess we saw the news at the same time. Flipped to community, saw nothing, posted, saw you...

Ya and I was even trying to type on my blackberry Z10 instead of my Note 2 which isn't easy with my huge hands lol. Just don't copy my idea of making it the next monthly giveaway lol jk 🙂
Iglooman wrote:

hehe, guess we saw the news at the same time. Flipped to community, saw nothing, posted, saw you...

haha, no, I saw that one after I posted and the forum refreshed and said "rats"... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iglooman wrote:

oh I got ya, I thought you meant the praise, I was wondering why you couldn't praise them for it also lol. my bad
I watched the release and was thoroughly impressed. The presentation was a little bit corny, but overall the phone was represented well. It seems they didn't try to target an audience at all this time, but rather appealed to the general population. Well played Samsung!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh wow, lovely! Any reviews out yet?
Sophia wrote:

Oh wow, lovely! Any reviews out yet?

I think they are a bit more Apple biased, but here's the one I just read. http://reviews.cnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/
While I am very impressed with this device, I really don't see why Koodo is getting it. The tab would not cover enough for it to be worth buying on Koodo over buying it on Telus and getting it unlocked. And it further demonstrates how Koodo is losing sight of its business model, and creating a disconnect between the cost of the devices they carry and the cost they are willing to help you with as a provider. I don't think it's a smart move at all. But then, most of you will probably disagree, so who cares?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ollistopheles wrote:

While I am very impressed with this device, I really don't see why Koodo is getting it. The tab w...

Actually... I do respectfully disagree but not for the reason you think 🙂 I think it is MARVELOUS that finally, after all these years, Canadian providers are gradually moving away from the subsidized model... just think about it. Three year contracts and you get the device for about $300 less... but in the end, you will have bought it for $2400 or more. You just don't notice it because you pay a monthly fee and you *think* you get your phone for $200... nothing is more untrue. With Koodo now, you buy the phone and pay off the ACTUAL cost using the Tab. It's a whole new concept and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread 😃
Userlevel 1
Ollistopheles wrote:

While I am very impressed with this device, I really don't see why Koodo is getting it. The tab w...

Added to the fact that once you have a contract, with the other companies, you CANNOT change your plan on high end phones. With koodo, you can change your plan once a month with no penalty at all, wether it is 25$ a certain month or even 60$ the other. You have the choice and that is worth something. Honestly, 3 years of your life for 150-400$ is bogus with the tons of trouble a restrictive contract gives you...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ollistopheles wrote:

Great points Don and Sophia I completely agree. Koodo still carries the entry level phones like they use to but without the high end phones which they are bringing to the lineup now they are taking away a fast growing demographic of customers. Which are customers who realize that with smart phones you really get what you pay for and want their phone to do what they want fast and not have the issues and headaches that come with entry level phones. Koodo started out only offering talk and text when they first came out then they started offering Internet, and now this is bringing things to the next level yet again. Koodo adapts to the times and times are changing.
i am totally considering spending $650 on an htc one or s4 outright, i dont want contract and tend to get an itch for new phone after a year. i sell my old phone to get back some of investment, being able to use the tab just eases the pain a little.just wish they would get the htc one as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

i am totally considering spending $650 on an htc one or s4 outright, i dont want contract and ten...

Vince, go to this page http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/get_the_htc_one_koodo and +1 the idea of Koodo getting the HTC ONE and show Koodo your interest for that device and maybe Koodo will try to get it.
Vince wrote:

i am totally considering spending $650 on an htc one or s4 outright, i dont want contract and ten...

Already did, would do it a 1000 times if I could, really want that phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

Lol, I hear ya its an awesome phone.