Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S3 noob help me please!

Hello I was wondering if someone can help me. Im an android noob and wanted to know if there is a way to sign out of the google play store or do you just leave it open ? I am concerned about it chewing threw my data if I leave it open and you are supposed to close it. I only download and update using wifi. Can you shut it off? As a previous iPhone user I know you can log out of app store but not sure about the droids Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Androids Sign into Google services. So when your phone connects to a data source it logs into all of Google's services as well (the ones you've configured anyway). You would have to log out of your Google account to do what you're wanting to do. The app store will not "Chew" through your data unless you download apps. It does use a minimal portion of data just to check periodically to see if updates are available to your installed apps. Just keep it on WiFi as much as you can. You can also turn off Data and just turn it on when you want to use it. ----- If you see a good answer give it a STAR to push it to the top!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Androids Sign into Google services. So when your phone connects to a data source it logs into all...

As well you can go into the settings in the Google Play store and set it to only be able to download things through WIFI. To close any apps press and hold the home button and a list of apps will come up like it did when you double tapped the home button on your iPhone. Then swipe the apps to the left or right and once an app disappears it is closed.
Userlevel 6
No worries sir, just like the iPhone iTunes it wont chew data unless you allow it to download updates, apps, music, etc. You can leave it on and dont need to sign out every time.
Ok thanks so much that makes me breath easier lol
Userlevel 6
akaykay33 wrote:

Ok thanks so much that makes me breath easier lol

please click the star for any answer that helped you, it will help people get recognized, thanks.