Koodo Community

Community

Galaxy S3 Gets Multi Window Feature

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey all you Samsung Galaxy S3 owners from Koodo the phone got an update today that brings the multi Window Feature to the popular device. If you don't know what the feature is it allows you to run 2 apps simultaneously on the display at the same time. To activate the feature just hold down the back button on the phone and a tabbed tray will pop up on the left of the screen. Drag one app from the tray and the first app will open, then drag a second app out of the tray towards the top or bottom half of the screen and it will now have both apps open on the screen at the same time. You can expand one of the apps more than the other by dragging the split between the 2 apps up or down. To close the tray just hold down the back button on the phone and the tray/tab will dissappear. Hope this helps some and thanks for finally implementing this update to the S3 Koodo.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I initially saw this on the Note. What an amazing feature. Wonder how much it affects battery life though?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I initially saw this on the Note. What an amazing feature. Wonder how much it affects battery l...

I've used it on the Note 2, Galaxy S4, and now Galaxy S3 and haven't noticed any extra battery drain at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I initially saw this on the Note. What an amazing feature. Wonder how much it affects battery l...

If iOS 7 doesnt have this feature I think the next iphone is DOA
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

Hey Paul, do you know if the S4 can now multi window any app or is it still stock apps ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Only stock apps, still have to root to get every one to work with it.
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

Thanks mate !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

NP 🙂
Userlevel 6
Thank you for the news, Paul 🙂 It looks like a great feature indeed!