Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S2x not charging

I have a Galaxy S2x and it has worked and charged fine since I got it in April of this year, 2013. Now it will not take a charge. I have tried plugging the charger into different outlets even though I knew the outlets were working for other devices. I am now using the usb port on my computer thinking it might be the wall outlet attachment that is faulty but it still is not charging..

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aww it sounds like the charger port is damaged then, Heather 😞 I'm not sure what repairing that would cost but it might not even be worth it 😞 You're best off to visit a Koodo store and ask what can be done, they'll be able to (hopefully) give you an indication of repair cost or what might be wrong. The only other thing that might be wrong could be the battery, if that's the case you are in luck because a battery is not quite so expensive! You might want to try that first 🙂
Userlevel 7
Wiggle the charger while it's plugged in at the phone. Does the charge start? If it does check out this link. Actually even if it doesn't, check out this link. The fix is about 12$ http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/anyone_have_any_experience_with_external_battery_chargers
Chad Burr wrote:

Wiggle the charger while it's plugged in at the phone. Does the charge start? If it does check ou...

I did the wiggle it while it was in the phone thing when it was plugged into the wall outlet. I am now thinking it might be the wall outlet attachment though as I just checked my phone batterry status since I plugged it into my computer and it is at 18% charge now.
Sophia wrote:

Aww it sounds like the charger port is damaged then, Heather 😞 I'm not sure what repairing that ...

As I mentioned above to Chad, it does seem to be charging now from my computer. I am hoping that I will only have to replace the wall attachment now. Thanks for responding. :o)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Aww it sounds like the charger port is damaged then, Heather 😞 I'm not sure what repairing that ...

Eh Chad knows all, always follow his advice 😃 Glad it's not the phone!!
Chad Burr wrote:

Wiggle the charger while it's plugged in at the phone. Does the charge start? If it does check ou...

Thanks for responding. :o)
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Perfect cool, if you have other similar chargers you can use them with your phone. Try to find one with at least one amp out. If you read the fine print on those chargers you'll see it listed on the charger as: OUTPUT: 5V -+ 1.0A