Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S2X LTE coverage?

Does Koodo's S2X support LTE? Cause I know the american version of the phone does, but all I can get is 4G...

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The T mobile version T989 doesn't support lte. Nor does the koodo version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Maybe your thinking of the Galaxy S2 LTE HD Sage
Chad Burr wrote:

Damn. Thought it WAS that version of the phone. My bad.
I think it does. Do "*#2263#" and it will show "LTE". Once you tap that in service mode, select the ALL option for B1, B4, B7, etc. frequencies.

After that, I think it will work on LTE.
Userlevel 7
Aaron Hong wrote:

I think it does. Do "*#2263#" and it will show "LTE". Once you tap that in service mode, sel...

The phone doesn't have any LTE frequencies. It is the T989 model, aka the Hercules in the US or the S II X up here in Canada. Rogers/AT&T had the S II LTE and Skyrocket, respectively.
Badge +4
The S2x does have the LTE frequencies. Unfortunately, the radio inside the S2x is not set up for LTE and you'll only be able to select W-CDMA or GSM or a combination of the two and nothing more.
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

The S2x does have the LTE frequencies. Unfortunately, the radio inside the S2x is not set up for ...

oh that's different. Why did they bother with that, then?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

The S2x does have the LTE frequencies. Unfortunately, the radio inside the S2x is not set up for ...

My best guess is that when the S2x was first introduced back in October 2011, two of the big three wireless service providers had already implemented LTE technology. It wasn't until February 10, 2012, that TELUS, in partnership with Bell, deployed their LTE service to fourteen metropolitan areas across Canada. Bell and Rogers had already implemented LTE service (September 14, 2011 and September 28, 2011, respectively). Since TELUS did not have LTE at the time of the initial release of the S2x, TELUS may have opted out of having the S2x's radio programmed to utilize LTE frequencies.