Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S2 won't receive MMS.

Picture Messages sent from my S2x are received by iPhones and older Galaxy S2 phones but my S2x never receives MMS from anybody. I have tried every tip - turn on data - turn off wifi - reset APN ddefaults - update operating system - no luck.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Are you able to send MMS or use data in general? Is auto retrieve on in the messaging settings? That could be it. Otherwise I'd contact tech support for more help. Edit: I misunderstood the post, I thought you were talking about two different phones, an S2 and an S3. check the messaging settings though.
Here's what I had to do.. (it took me almost 2 hrs to figure it out..) Settings > More.. > mobile networks > APN > Make sure your APN network has the following settings. If not, create a new one. APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MMSC URL: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC: 220 APN type: Internet + MMS --- Save, then back at the "Mobile Network" page there's a box called: "Use packet data" ... make sure it's checked. That should do it!! That's honestly the only thing that worked for me, and I went through all the other settings, along with all the settings in my messaging apps. Good Luck!