Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy S2 Android 4.0.4 - Can't send or receive pictures via messages.

I can send text messages but not pictures. I have an unlimited plan on a Galaxy S2 Android 4.0.4. I've tried using Textra and others with setting suggestions from the community on other people's posts. I've done the APN adds but it left me with just texts which is my issue to begin with. I've also reset the APN to default. Data is enabled and attempts were done with Wifi off and on. Powering off the phone hasn't solved anything. On every other level the phone works perfectly except for messages with pictures. Anyone have any ideas? I'm running out here.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Is there a data block on your account?
Not that I know of. If there was would I not be able to browse the web from the phone with Wifi off? Because I currently can. How can I check?
Userlevel 7
Jay Divina wrote:

Not that I know of. If there was would I not be able to browse the web from the phone with Wifi o...

Okay, If you can then there is no data block. Check your apn list again and make sure only koodo is present. If you see anything other than koodo open it and delete it if possible. Also check your plan because I do believe there is an add on that blocks Mms.
Jay Divina wrote:

Not that I know of. If there was would I not be able to browse the web from the phone with Wifi o...

Koodo APN is present and the only one. My plan is clear of addons. It's also worth noting (apologies for not including in original post) pictures were working earlier today and stopped working around lunch EST
Userlevel 1
Ya the last 48 hours same issue. Can send texts but limited pic messages. Only can send to other telus or koodo people. Not to Rogers or bell cells. And bell and Rogers cells can not send me pic messages. Only get them from koodo and telus cells. Maybe put a band aid on the old phone and she will be all better in a few days? LOL
Badge +4
Removing the battery, leaving it out for a minute or two and then reinstalling the battery may solve the issue. Another suggestion, uninstall Textra and reinstall it, or try a different SMS/MMS app (e.g. GO SMS Pro), I realize you've tried other apps, I'm not sure which ones though. Last but not least, wait it out and see if the problem corrects itself. It could just be a sporadic network glitch. Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate the scenario you're experiencing. I was able to send and receive four MMS messages from friends who are with various providers, without issue. I used my S2x running Android version 4.1.2. (JellyBean). The software update to 4.1.2. is available through Samsung Kies, but it's unlikely an update will solve the problem, you did mention that you were able to send and receive MMS messages earlier in the day.
rikkster wrote:

Removing the battery, leaving it out for a minute or two and then reinstalling the battery may so...

I don't want to lead this thread a stray but is it worth updating to 4.1.2. Am I missing out on much if I stick with 4.0.4 ?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Removing the battery, leaving it out for a minute or two and then reinstalling the battery may so...

The update is definitely a step up from what you're used to. A smoother, faster UI will be the first noticeable difference. Better battery life (battery consumption levels off with time) and an upgraded notification system make the upgrade to 4.1.2. worthwhile. However, you will lose a couple of features by updating, most notably the Swype keyboard, which is now available as a trial or paid app. If the S2x is working the way you like, then stick with 4.0.4., while the update does have its advantages, some people were having trouble just getting the update to download to their device. There are alternative methods to getting the update should Samsung Kies become a problem. After installing the update, there were a number of reports stating that battery consumption was higher than usual. This seems to be the norm for most Android devices after receiving an OS update. Battery levels tend to stabilize within a couple of weeks. That said, many mentioned that after installing the update, it was as though they had bought a new phone. My final verdict, give the update a try, if you don't like 4.1.2., there are ways to downgrade back to 4.0.4., but chances are you'll probably like the new features that 4.1.2. has to offer.
I've got the same problem. Noticed it start on the 10th.
Userlevel 1
Josh Nelson wrote:

It's actually been a blessing here. The wife is a pretty ugly looking thing. But I swear the night I met her she was so beautiful! Granted I had several drinks prior. LOL And she has been unable to send me any pics of herself the last few days. So I've been quite happy actually. LMFAO
Userlevel 1
Josh Nelson wrote:

Pulled my wife s2x battery out, left on counter for 2hours and she never talked to me the whole time....I put the battery back in and got 168 questions, why the phone does that
Userlevel 7
Josh Nelson wrote:

Wow Bruce, very funny.
Josh Nelson wrote:

lol
Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the feedback. All of it good. I tried just about all of it and resolved the issue per below using something I found on the Android forums. I removed the battery for almost an hour even though I was advised to remove it for only 5 minutes. I blame my baby for that one. I replaced the battery into the phone it was still not sending mms but txt was still going through. I removed the SIM and put it in a non Android phone my old Blackberry. Turned on the Blackberry and let it run the full boot to idle. Placed the SIM back into the S2 and voila! I was able to send pictures until my heart was content. All the previous attempts to send the pictures piled on through as well spamming the world out of the recipients. Thanks again for your time and effort on this.
Userlevel 1
Jay Divina wrote:

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the feedback. All of it good. I tried just about all of it and res...

Thanks for the info. Will try it here too. Thanks again