Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy Ace Text Message Problem

My Galaxy Ace says it has a text message but when I click on the message in the top bar it is blank and then if I go to the text message button there is no new messages there how do I fix this??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you stick your tongue out at us, we're not going to answer 😃 Teasing! Does it happen often, Christine-Ann? If it only happened once, it could be that the message was deleted and then still shown in the top bar but I'm guessing here... let us know 🙂
This is a known issue for the Galaxy Ace. My best recomendation for you Christine is to pull the battery and sim card out for several seconds and then turn it back on. If that fails you may have to back up your phone and perform a factory reset. And, if all else fails contact Koodo Customer service by dialing *611 on your Koodo phone and explain the situation. They might be able to make some recomendations on maybe upgrading your mobile phone. 🙂
Userlevel 5
JMelanson wrote:

This is a known issue for the Galaxy Ace. My best recomendation for you Christine is to pull the ...

There is also a text issue with the Galaxy Ace that if Packet Data is turned on; you won't be able to send and receive texts. If Packet Data is turned on, you may want to turn it off to see if that will change anything.
JMelanson wrote:

This is a known issue for the Galaxy Ace. My best recomendation for you Christine is to pull the ...

Thanks John, that had completely slipped my mind! 🙂
Userlevel 1
It most likely means you have a voicemail waiting. Sometimes the phone doesn't register it as voicemail, its a known bug in the software.