Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy ace ll x Wont Finish The Setup

Hello Koodo, i have a problem with my phone, i wanted to do a recovery (a simple normal reset of the phone) and when it finished i rebooted my phone and it booted, had to select the language picked English obviously and tapped on start. after that it said to pick the wifi (if i wanted too) so i just skipped it told to select date and time or (automatic) and timezone, left it how it was. clicked on next and the screen just turns black. The status bar is running up there (active) but cant slide it down Nothing! all i can do is tap on the back key to go back of the setup. Please Help!! My Manufacture is: Samsung os:android Smartphone: Galaxy ace ll x I cant believe i cant use my phone after 4 months of buying it.... Can i trade it for another phone? with a little money extra? Is the phone a really low end phone is it that bad??? i rested the phone many times but nothing even cleared cache and by the way i was installing a ROM but it said E: Verification signature failed (nothing got installed, happened before) So Please help, Thanks in Advanced!!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
So we're going to pretend you weren't installing a rom (which would void your warranty) You're going to need to install the factory firmware, tbh I don't even know where you found a rom for it. To do this you're going to need to visit sammobile.com and download the original firmware. And also you'll need to download Odin. Sammobile.com has instructions on getting the device into download mode and installing the factory rom. Since you've bricked your phone by installing a rom I'm assuming the splash screen has changed (the screen that shows when the phone is booting) so.itll be very obvious that it's been changed. Not to mention the custom recovery. You're beyond the point where the device could be exchanged however if you can get it working you may be able to sell it for 60$. The Ace Iix is an entry level single core device which one might quickly outgrow, especially someone who might want to rom a device. If you can get rid of it, I highly recommend the Moto G. This quad-core powerhouse has all the specs of an iPhone at a fraction or the price. 150$!
Chad Burr wrote:

So we're going to pretend you weren't installing a rom (which would void your warranty) You're...

Hello Chad Thank you so much for replying, i found the rom at xda devolpers, cause i really wanted (jellybean) or (kitkat) cause i was bored at looking at the old ice cream sandwich and no i dont want to exchange it, cause i wasted 100$ on the phone. Do i have to install a custom recovery? if i need too, please explain. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

So we're going to pretend you weren't installing a rom (which would void your warranty) You're...

Franco, I had that phone and was unable to find any rom for Also, that phone is a single core device and really not meant for what you want to do. If you want to restore it I can help you. But for this device I would discourage romming
Chad Burr wrote:

Ok Chad, i wont rom it anymore, and yea can you help me restore it? (you will be my best mobile expert!) thanks!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Check out sammobile.com, everything you need is there. Once you've got it restored, sell it.
Chad Burr wrote:

Hello Chad, I downloaded the zip fie, sent it to my phone, went into recovery (android system recovery) and says E: Signature Verification failed installation aborted, please help how do i boot it from the custom recovery? Thanks in advanced!
Badge +4
The instructions are fairly straightforward. The stock firmware needs to be flashed using Odin, not the Android system recovery. (See image and instructions below)