Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy ACE issues? Or is it just me?

Galaxy Ace won't see my SD card. I have to un-mount and mount to see photos. New photos, I can see right away. But when I close off the pictures and go back to view them again, they are gone, same with videos. New app(s) will not load without many attempts and forget about them saving once they do download(via wifi). I reset the phone to factory, formated the sd card, really does nothing. My contacts are still there, some photos are still there, they will not delete. "My Files" folder will not let me delete some files and old app folders. What am I missing? Be kind, I'm new at this crap. 😉

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Definitely not just you... the Galaxy Ace was was found to have many glitches and issues from many customers. People got it because it was cheap but now, in 2014, there are many better budget phones available like the Moto G. I would definitely look into changing that device.
Thanks Jonathan. It worked well for 2 years and now it's not. I was thinking a new phone was in order anyway. Leaning towards the Apple 5C, I like Android (samsung), but I like the features on the iphone.
Userlevel 7
If you've been using an Ace for 2 years and are okay with Android I would recommend the Nexus 5 instead of the 5C. It's $200 cheaper than the 5C but offers blazing fast performance and specs for an affordable price, comes unlocked, and gets updates faster.
....just when I thought I made up my mind. between this and the election, my brain hurts.
Userlevel 7
Hahah well to be honest, unless you have a bunch of other Apple stuff the price of admission on the iPhone is too high in my opinion. If you wanna follow your heart and take the 5C then go ahead, more power to you, just be aware that it's $325 ($250 at Mobile Shop) on Tab M, widely considered the best value.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That might actually be your SD card that's dying...
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

That might actually be your SD card that's dying...

That may be true, but... it's a 2 year old Ace. Do we really want him to suffer more?