Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Galaxy Ace- Data/Calls/Texts problem.

My Samsung Galaxy Ace randomly receives texts and cannot send them, additionally, I can only make phone calls at random times. I have tried a battery pull & re-inserting the sim card. I have also tried unchecking packet data, and re-entering APN settings. Any solution?

11 replies

Hi Angelo Have you taken the phone to a kiosk to have it looked at? It could be your sim card and the kiosk could use their demo phones to test your sim.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Angelo... When you see that your text messages are failing when sending them, try to resend them but make sure that your data is off, like this they wont fail... You may also back up all your info to your computer and try doing a factory reset, most likely will help, your phone will start fresh and you can set it up again, make sure that you have a SD card to save your photos and pictures so you don't use the internal memory...
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi Angelo... When you see that your text messages are failing when sending them, try to resend th...

I have done two factory resets and have already turned off data, as I mentioned.
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi Angelo... When you see that your text messages are failing when sending them, try to resend th...

I also have this issue. was told it should work without data, but I cannot send or recieve picture messages 😣
Userlevel 2
Camilo_A wrote:

Hey Jennifer, mobile data must be on in order to send & receive pictures. That is how MMS works on the HSPA network. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Turn the data off (settings, wireless and networks, un check "Enable packet Data") when you want to send a text. There's a known issue with the ace that Samsung has decided not to address. Let us know.
Chad Burr wrote:

Turn the data off (settings, wireless and networks, un check "Enable packet Data") when you want ...

As stated, I have already done this. This is no fix to my situation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In that case, Reena's solution is the only option still left for you 🙂
Userlevel 5
Have you called in to talk to Tech Support yet? Sometimes messages get clogged up on the back end and they need to do a reset.
My son also has a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I got the text plan for traveling to the states and it doesn't work!
Badge +4
Sherilyn Boney wrote:

My son also has a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I got the text plan for traveling to the states and it d...

Your best option is to contact tech support. There isn't much we can suggest to resolve the problem. There may be an issue with the plan itself or the Galaxy Ace may be acting up. Tech support is reached by pressing 6 on your dialpad. Customer Service: 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 10 am - 9 pm Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm