Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Frustrated with Little Green Men!

I have Samsung S5. Love it. BUT: Am very frustrated: every day I get about 30 "little green men" (lol) on my screen that I have to individually have to delete (ugh). They are anything from "Top Free Games", to "Hot Free Apps" etc. My friends with Bell don't get these annoying icons on their phones each day. How do I delete and never allow them back? thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Lynn,

Sounds like you've got an PSTD

PLAY STORE TRANSMITTED DEFECT Okay I made that up but

For the cure head to the play store and download AdAware

That should be able to identify the app serving up the ads so you can remove it.

Good luck and let us know

Edit,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Done. Will see tomorrow if I wake up to find them on my phone again. Fingers crossed I don't.
Userlevel 7
Lynn Thompson wrote:

Done. Will see tomorrow if I wake up to find them on my phone again. Fingers crossed I don't.

You ran it? Did it identify an app that was serving ads?
Lynn Thompson wrote:

There were a few to choose from so I chose the one "NQ antiviral". It was free. It identified a "memo" app I was using do I uninsulated the memo app.
Userlevel 6
Lynn Thompson wrote:

Yeah...these thing have nothing to with who your cell phone company is. You would have had it on bell rogers or anyone. Cellphone spam/malware is on the rise.
Userlevel 7
Lynn Thompson wrote:

For a replacement memo app have you tried Onenote by Microsoft? I use it every day. It's free and hey its Microsoft.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lynn Thompson wrote:

Onenote is pretty awesome indeed... I'm in love with Evernote as well 🙂 There is also Papyrus and LectureNotes, though that last one is very complex. Lastly try Samsung's own S Note or Google Keep. All guaranteed spam and malware free!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lynn Thompson wrote:

I second Google Keep I don't know how I ever lived without it