Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Friend is overseas, is there an add-on for texting to Ireland?

My best friend went overseas to Ireland for a year and a half. I'm living in Newfoundland and I have an unlimited texting plan.
Is there an add-on that I need to get to text him or does my unlimited texting plan work with overseas messaging?
I don't want to be charged per message sent, I'd rather have an add-on or something. We tend to text each other a lot and I don't want my bill going way up!

$38per month
  • 500 MB of data
  • 500 minutes
  • Unlimited text

5 replies

Userlevel 7
What's the name of your plan? If it says Canada wide in the name then you're covered. All Canada wide plans include international text messaging. Enjoy
Chad Burr wrote:

What's the name of your plan? If it says Canada wide in the name then you're covered. All Canada...

Its just the 38 dollar plan with nothing special added to it. It was in the rate plans booklet you can get off any Koodoo kiosk!

It doesn't tell me if its Canada wide just says unlimited messaging
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

What's the name of your plan? If it says Canada wide in the name then you're covered. All Canada...

If you got it in the last two years you're fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I'm actually pretty sure that every plan koodo has ever offered has included international texting at no additional charge
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

There ya go then