Koodo Community

Community

Free sim unlock for Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III devices running Jelly Bean

Userlevel 2
I'm not sure about whether this type of information is 'allowed' to be posted on here, but I figure I'll share it and if not, the thread can be locked by a mod. Seems a simple unlock exploit has been found for Note II and Galaxy S III devices running Jelly Bean. If you're technologically inclined, check it out *AT YOUR OWN RISK (can't say this enough)*. *note* - This unlock doesn't require the phone to be rooted or running a custom rom, so in that regards it's not necessarily a "hack" (I use this term lightly), more like a simple user modification. Also, if anyone is reading this and is going to attempt it, I would assume you know a thing or two about this kind of stuff. If you don't, this isn't for you. http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/12/08/free-sim-unlock-discovered-for-galaxy-note-ii-and-galaxy-s-iii-devices-running-jelly-bean/

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Good post mattjs! I doubt koodo would "censor" it. I have to try this out. It may not be worth the $15 or so savings for everyone but if you like to play around this is "fun".
Userlevel 2
RudyW wrote:

Good post mattjs! I doubt koodo would "censor" it. I have to try this out. It may not be worth th...

Hey Rudy, you're right. We don't censor anything on here(with the exception of account/private information, which we just remove). Any 3rd party services though we do recommend customers becareful 🙂.
Jesus, I figured it would be a patch or something, that hack is down right slick. Nice find!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I already have the unlocked international model of the Galaxy Note 2 but damn if it works its a great thing for those wanting to unlock a carrier locked model to bring it to Koodo. Nice find man. Mobile Syrup is a great place to find mobile stuff and it's great to have a Canadian site that deals with our specific models. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)